• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can you stand...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you stand...

another thread raving about nxt? If not turn away now. After reading and seeing others results with nxt I finally had a chance to use it myself. While it was a bit more dificult to remove than I thought it would be, not really hard just more dificult than expecting, the results are incredible. This is the wetest my car has looked.

Here are a few pics

Last edited by Mr. T; Feb 20, 2004, 07:06 PM.

Comment

and my favorite

I also used GC trim detailer for the first time, 2 thumbs up on that as well

Comment

That looks good! Nice ride BTW. I can't wait to use the new stuff. I work for one of the largest(if not the largest)retail chains and we are just now getting it in.
        Flawless

Comment

Great looking Acura!!
          -The Final Detail-
          Lagrange, Kentucky
          thefinaldetail@insightbb.com
          CLICK HERE TO VISIT MY GALLERY

Comment

Originally posted by Flawless
            That looks good! Nice ride BTW. I can't wait to use the new stuff. I work for one of the largest(if not the largest)retail chains and we are just now getting it in.
            Hi Flawless,

Just for fun, could you keep us posted as to how well, (or not), the NXT does at through your stores?

Thanks,

Mike
            Mike Phillips
            760-515-0444
            showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Thanks flawless and RP. Its an '04 TSX. I've had it for about a year now and I think it looks as good, probably better, than when I got it.

Hey Mike, I've been meaning to ask if that lego man has a smile on his face? I would if I was looking into a shine like that.

Comment

Hi Mr. T

Nice shine by the way, I'm really glad you like the results from the NXT Tech Wax.

Would you care if I imbedded your pictures into the thread?

(You do this by clicking on the IMG button, and then in another window browser, click on your picture to make it appear full size in the browser window, and once it has done this, then right click on the pictures and choose Properties

Next, copy and past the location address into the box theIMG button opens up and click Okay.

This will dump the code at the bottom of the message box you're typing into so you might have to move it around to where you like it

Like this

Anyway, nice work, and the Lego man is actually smiling!

Have you seen the story behind my Avatar?

The Lego Man Avatar story

Mike
                Mike Phillips
                760-515-0444
                showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Re: Can you stand...

Originally posted by Mr. T
                  [B]another thread raving about nxt? If not turn away now. After reading and seeing others results with nxt I finally had a chance to use it myself. While it was a bit more dificult to remove than I thought it would be, not really hard just more dificult than expecting, the results are incredible. This is the wetest my car has looked.

Nice job on the car there is never to many NXT postings its good to see what it looks like on different color cars.
                  Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
                  Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

Mike

Thanks for the help. I tried posting the pic that way, but it was way too big. How did you resize the photo?

Nice story about your avatar also. I didn't even realize that wasn't a car

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. T
                      Mike

Thanks for the help. I tried posting the pic that way, but it was way too big. How did you resize the photo?
                      Actually, I didn't resize the photo, PhotoPost does this automatically if the picture is very large. While PhotoPost displays a smaller size, if you upload a giant picture, it still takes up a lot of space. It's best to crop and resize your photo's t about 700 pixels wide max. This is about the maximum size you want to use for posting images in forums and by resizing to no more than 700 pixels wide, you help to save resources, (Hard drive space)

To do this, I use an old Windows 95 shareware program called, LView Pro Ver.1.d2/32-bit (Graphics viewer/editor/converter). It seems to work on any computer/OS I have ever used.

You can download it here

And this nifty free software program for resizing without distorting.

Easy Thumbnails - Produce thumbnails the easy way, quickly, and for free!

It's actually for making "Thumbnails", like Avatars, (my Avatar, Tom MacDonald's Avatar, as well as Mike Pennington's Avatar have all been made using Easy Thumbnails)

While it's intended for making thumbnail images, it works great for resizing any picture any size as long as it's smaller than the original.

Nice story about your avatar also. I didn't even realize that wasn't a car
                      Thanks, you know I never noticed how much I had worn the side of my buffer until just a few years. I don't think I'll ever put enough hours into hard core compounding and polishing with a rotary buffer to wear smooth another buffer head, plus new Makita buffers are smooth to start with, I think they're powder coated.

I thought that using the Lego man reflecting off the worn side of the buffer makes for an appropriate Avatar considering I love to polish paint.

Mike
                      Mike Phillips
                      760-515-0444
                      showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Mr. T,
                        That's the best looking reflection that I've ever seen on a silver car!...Sometimes it's harder to bring out the shine in silver paint.

I'll have to try NXT on my silver car.
                        r. b.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Phillips
                          Hi Flawless,

Just for fun, could you keep us posted as to how well, (or not), the NXT does at through your stores?

Thanks,

Mike
                          Sure.No problem.
                          Flawless

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');