• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Amazing 2004 Honda Civic Makeover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amazing 2004 Honda Civic Makeover

Well the weather was perfect today so I thought I should head over to the parents house because the step fathers 2004 Civic was just making me angry with all the scratches and swirl marks.

This was a huge improvement here is the process.

1) Wash with NXT Tech Was
    2) Clay the hood, trunk and other really dull areas
    3) M83 with 8006 at 5000RPMs
    4) M83 with 8006 at 5000RPMs
    5) Gold Class Wax with 9006 and 3000RPMS

Take a look at the photo's the sun moved so I had a hard time getting a good shot for before and afters.

You can see the line on the trunk where I had the tape to see the results.

Holy Swirls! the whole car was this or worse!!!! now you see why I needed to come over and detail this!

Rings and Finger Nails under and above the handel, these were a lot worse in person

Trunk after 1 work in with M83 at 5000RPMS on the right, wash and clay on the left.

After I was done you can see got 80%-90% of the scratches out!

Great shot, should have taken a before this was all haze from millions of fine scratches, its a mirror now

No more swirls, to bad the sun moved

So I took one of the other side which was just as bad

5 Hours later its done and looks amazing

After doing all this for the step father I left him with NXT Tech wash, 2 new wash mits and two buckets, and explained the wash process, he could not be happier. I told him if he keeps washing it right I will come over once a month and apply a new coat of wax for him

Comments?
    -Devin Montreuil

Very nice work Dave & your step Dad is a lucky man to have such a thoughtful stepson.
    Death Before Dishonor

Comment

did you use just the rotary or g100, or both? looks great by the way!

Comment

just used the G100

Comment

Originally posted by devin98
          just used the G100
          great job, and the last picture don't get any wetter! if you haven't tried #21, give it a shot next time!
          Last edited by imacarnut; May 28, 2006, 03:39 PM.

Comment

I have never given #21 a try before what strange would you apply that?

Comment

Nice Work!

I just noticed the plate number is visible in your last pic. You might want to update that!

Comment

Originally posted by hotsauce
                Nice Work!

I just noticed the plate number is visible in your last pic. You might want to update that!
                Damn I can not it will not let me edit my post

Comment

PM a mod and ask for help

Comment

Originally posted by devin98
                    Damn I can not it will not let me edit my post
                    its this new thing where you can't edit your posts after a certain amont of time. I have no clue why its there, but I really don't like it!
                    Patrick Yu
                    2003 Honda Accord
                    2008 Honda Accord EX-L V6

Comment

Originally posted by sneek
                      its this new thing where you can't edit your posts after a certain amont of time. I have no clue why its there, but I really don't like it!
                      Yeah i had to double post in the harrisburg class signup and Mike replyed to as of why for the 20 minute edit post rule....

Originally posted by Mike Phillips
                      The 20 minute rule is a pain for people and I can bump it up, but what it does is prevents people from abusing the system.

Comment

Car looks great, you did an awesome job. I must agree that you should try some #21, it's extremely durable as far as LSP products go.
                        '96 Honda Prelude

www.vbautodetailing.com

Comment

great job! HAve to agree your stepdad is alucky guy.
                          quality creates its own demand

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');