• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Quick G100 question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick G100 question.

I just purchased a new G100 from Rick at Auto Detailing Solutions in AZ and have a, maybe stupid, question. On the box it say's 'Made In Mexico'. My brother-in-law has one that is a few years old that is 'Made In USA'. Someone here posted a picture of the unit he purchased about a month and a half ago and it says 'Made In USA'. Have they just recently changed where they are manufactured or are they just produced in several different locations?
    Sorry if this has been asked before. I looked, but could not see where it had been asked before.
    By the way, Rick at ADS was really good to work with and was really helpfull in answering my questions!!

Thanks for your input,
    Lon

I dont have an answer for your question but just an FYI ..The one I bought last week also says made in Mexico.

Comment

Odd. Mine says made in mexico too(just got it last month from ADS). When you look at this thread it says Made in USA and he just got his last month also.

Comment

Some time ago, the manufacturing for the G100/PC was moved to Mexico. I don't know if I ever heard why the move was made?
        Mike Phillips
        760-515-0444
        showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Thanks Mike. Just was wondering is all. Didn't know if it was like other products, ie. Sony Dvd-r's, you look on back to see whether they were made in taiwan or japan, i think the taiwan ones are the better end, could be other way around, its late and im not thinking straight but hope you get my point.

Comment

Porter-Cable makes the G100 for Meguiar’s.

Mergers and acquisitions are the way of big business. When Black and Decker absorbed Porter-Cable it was only natural that the new bosses would change some things. I’m guessing this is one of them.

Whether or not this will be a bad thing for the end customer remains to be seen. At least people who buy the G100 have Meguiar’s on their side. People who buy the 7424/7335/7336 get to deal with PC/B&D directly.

PC.

Comment

Thanks for the replies. I was just curious. I don't suppose it will make any difference.

Lon

Comment

Mexico is cheap labor. bottom line.

The company I work for just opened our 2nd building in our Mexico plant and is sending more of our business down there.

We launched a whole new product line that's based straight out of mexico. The owner of the company eventually wants all of our standard units to be made in Mexico.

Comment

shouldn't surprise anyone...our company made the move to have some of our products sourced in China....some would argue it's not a great decision with regard to the quality of the product but the bottom line impact is HUGE...the other downside is the supply chain time line is lengthened tremendously...for instance, if you receive a bad lot of product from China, you can't just call up and have more delivered tomorrow...it's one reason Mexico is becoming the place to outsource...it's a tough situation....
                  Bill Poirier
                  West Seneca, NY 14224

"until you can afford a great car, always strive for a great looking car"

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');