• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Meguiar’s Creates a "Wicked" Shine on Alpine’s Sinister Six

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meguiar’s Creates a "Wicked" Shine on Alpine’s Sinister Six

Last edited by KevinBrown; May 29, 2006, 10:39 PM.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Great writeup. I saw a 3 inch pad in one of the earlier pictures, is this something in the works by meguiar's, or is it one of the already available 3" pads from other companies?
            I want 4" Softbuff pads!

Comment

good job and great write up!
              did you detail the Alpine X5 too?
              Patrick Yu
              2003 Honda Accord
              2008 Honda Accord EX-L V6

Comment

Re:
                "Great writeup. I saw a 3 inch pad in one of the earlier pictures, is this something in the works by meguiar's, or is it one of the already available 3" pads from other companies?"
                George-
                It is an SM Arnold pad. Wish I had better news for you on that one.

Re:
                "Good job and great write up! Did you detail the Alpine X5 too?"
                Sneek-
                Yes I did... I haven't been able to upload a picture on my other MOL name, "Kevin_Brown", since I tried to upload one that, apparently, wasn't formatted properly.

Now, no matter what I try, no pic will get through. It's a shame because I certainly wouldn't want to lose all the posts under that name. Mike can't seem to figure out how to purge whatever it is that seems to be blocking things up. If anyone knows a lot about how things work... HELP ME!

Comment

Hi Kevin,

This is one of the most interesting write-ups I've ever seen! Nice work. I can only imagine how long it took to create each one of the images.

As for the uploading images problem, hopefully this will be corrected when we upgrade the vbulletin software and at the same time we'll be looking into the gallery software.

Let's start a different thread for the uploading issues as it would be a waste to take this awesome write-up off-topic any further.

Mike Phillips
                  760-515-0444
                  showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Thanks, Mike!

I appreciate MOL and its members, so I thought that spending a little more time presenting the rub-out was worth the effort.

For me, the best way to learn the in's & out's of software is to USE it on a self-proclaimed 'project' such as this one.

Comment

this is one the move thoroughest (is that a real word?) detailed (literally) posting ever. thanks for taking the time out to break down each bit for us. it's hard to capture the work/labor portion of the detailing biz...normally all you see are before and after pics, no "while at work" pics.

good stuff kevin!
                      2001 Vortex Blue New Beetle

Comment

I had a feeling that you did because the paint was perfect! Alpine should replace the rear glass and the car would be flawless!

the X5 was the only swirl free car at the local SCN car show.
                        Last edited by sneek; May 30, 2006, 02:16 PM.
                        Patrick Yu
                        2003 Honda Accord

Comment

Thanks guys for the kind words...

I can't take credit for the flawless paint at the event you listed... I only had a part in the wet-sand and buff-out session.

Perhaps they had a local guy dial in the X5 up there? When did you see it?

Kevin

Comment

Originally posted by KevinBrown
                            Thanks guys for the kind words...

I can't take credit for the flawless paint at the event you listed... I only had a part in the wet-sand and buff-out session.

Perhaps they had a local guy dial in the X5 up there? When did you see it?

Kevin
                            no i dont think it was anyone local becaue every car in the show had crazy swirls!
                            The event was on May 6th this year.
                            Patrick Yu
                            2003 Honda Accord

Comment

KEVIN THESE LATE NIGHT CALL HAVE TO STOP!!!!!!

Who am I kidding! When is the next project???

Sweet write up, thanks.
                              Freedom prospers when Christianity is vibrant and the rule of law under God is acknowledged

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');