• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pictures & Comments from Reisterstown, Maryland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KBzPTGT
    Why does work always have to come before life on the weekends
    Looks like I missed another good chance
    Yes, you missed a great class, I finally learned which products to use, and in what order, again thanks to Mike P. & Mike L. for a very enlightening day!

Meguiar's profits definitely went up today after I went shopping at the auto parts store & at Meguiar's on line!

Butch

Comment

Anyone take pics from this class? Was wondering if i should bring my dig camera tomorrow or not . I want to learn though before i take pics

Comment

Is there anything going on here in MD tonight? I have two fantastic looking cars all dressed up with no place to go.
        AIM: PathogenNOS (I'm bored, find me )

Comment

Originally posted by scarface_
          Anyone take pics from this class? Was wondering if i should bring my dig camera tomorrow or not . I want to learn though before i take pics
          Take the camera.

Comment

Originally posted by Pathogen
            Is there anything going on here in MD tonight? I have two fantastic looking cars all dressed up with no place to go.
            Did you clean up that super MT, Majestic Teal. Firebird? That is one sweet car.

BTW, bought some Scratch X to remove some scratches on the trunk of my Bonneville that someone made when unloading groceries from the van.

Comment

That was a great class. I learned a lot and Mike answeres everyones question. He never rushed through a topic and keep everybody captivated tgrough the whole day.

Comment

I had a great time at the class. Thanks to everyone who helped put this together.

Comment

Originally posted by OGauge4Me
                  Did you clean up that super MT, Majestic Teal. Firebird? That is one sweet car.

BTW, bought some Scratch X to remove some scratches on the trunk of my Bonneville that someone made when unloading groceries from the van.
                  The Blue-Green Chameleon :p Firebird doesn't need any more cleaned up for the weekend ... I go over that daily. --- What I did clean up was my blue car .. The one that's been pushed in and out of the shop every day since April 28 ... Under all the dust, pollen, bird droppings, random car fluids (It's been parked under partially disassembled cars on lifts at times) ... is one sexy looking car.

I neeeed to get a good buffer! But even with my $20 walmart brand deal and the knowledge from this class ... wow made a difference!

Jon's taking pictures at the shop today.
                  AIM: PathogenNOS (I'm bored, find me )

Comment

Great class Mike. Well worth burning a day of vacation for. I will be buying some stuff, let your boss know these things do pay for themselves!

Comment

Where do you start on what everyone learned from Mike Phillips on Friday and Saturday, the only thing that comes to mind is "AWESOME".

Meguiar's you have a great instructor and public relations representative all rolled into one. His knowledge of vehicle paint, product line, product usage, application techniques, people skills, and a walking encyclopedia of information for the consumer all the way to the pro detailer. A lot of questions were asked and he was able to answer everyone of them in a manner that made you feel that you were a VIP client of Meguiars. I have been a user of Meguiar's products for years (Consumer, Detailer, and Professional Products) and thought I knew a good amount of information but I learned new things each day.

As one of the forum members that pushed for the classes to come to Maryland, Mike was of course our main contact. I know I had to call him on numerous occasions and he was always ready to help guide us to get the classes going and having everything ready for him. Mike flew in on Thursday morning and he was constantly on the go the whole time here, I know I was very tired over the three days I was with him so Mike you really must be dragging.

I know some of the people who attended the classes have spoken up already but I would like to give a big "THANK YOU" to Mike Phillips and Meguiar's for coming here to Maryland to teach the classes. I would also like to thank Mike Lambert at The Shine Shop, Dave Johnston at the Northpoint-Edgemere Volunteer Fire Company for the use of their facilities, Jeff Smith for being the original driving force and last but not least all the people who signed up for the classes as you were great students. The classes went very smooth because of you.

I hope everyone that attended learned a great deal of information to help in the quest to keep your vehicles shining like a showcar !

Mike and Meguiar's thanks again, wish we could get you out here every year but I know that is not possible. You always have a open invitation out here anytime you want though.

Mobilejoe

Comment

Wow, the pictures I took with Mikes camera must really **** :/ Nothings been posted yet I know I lopped off his head in a few, but I wanted good shots of product and how things looked as being used... Oh well....

I was hoping some of teh before after shots came out well...

-R
                        My Work log for my Magnum R/T Hemi Registry

Comment

Originally posted by RobAGD
                          Wow, the pictures I took with Mikes camera must really **** :/ Nothings been posted yet I know I lopped off his head in a few, but I wanted good shots of product and how things looked as being used... Oh well....

I was hoping some of the before after shots came out well...

-R

Hi Rob,

Actually, there some great shots you took it's always a time factor.

After dinner I returned to my hotel room only to find out the high speed Internet connection was a non-functioning Internet connection, I couldn't do anything. I could get a page to load and then it would go dead or freeze up. Jeff Smith had the same problem.

Then the next day, another class, more pictures. I get back to California and I have a requests for work that require more pictures to be posted. I have found that if the photos can't be,

Reviewed
                          Selected
                          Named
                          Cropped
                          Resized
                          Uploaded
                          Inserted

The day of, or the night of, then it doesn't tend to get done right away as new, ever changing priorities move up the list. It's a drag too because there's always great pictures that tell great stories to share, it's just a matter of carving out the time to make it happen.
                          Mike Phillips
                          760-515-0444
                          showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

No worries

Trust me I fully understand the time demands of the old job. Its 11:52 pm EDT and I am still at work finishing the EOM books for 4 shops that I run.

-Robert

ps - did you get my email ?

Comment

Re: Pictures & Comments from Reisterstown, Maryland

Originally posted by Mike Phillips
                              Mike Lambert's The Shine Shop - Reisterstown, Maryland!

Mike has converted his home garage into an effective and money making detail shop. One of the biggest problems Brick & Mortar Shop detailers have to overcome is reducing overhead. By converting his garage into his shop he's reduced his overhead and maximized his profits, plus he can work from home!

Here you can see how Mike has added 8" florescent tube lights to light-up the sides of the car so he can see what he's working on.

There's two more sets of 4 footers, (two tubes in each set), on the other side,

And both florescent lights, and halogen lamps, mounted to the ceiling.

I took a picture of a picture hanging on the wall in Mike's shop showing I think his dad from back in the day when he was detailing. Just goes to show the Passion for Perfection runs in the family!

Not bad at all!

Great thread.
                              r. b.

Comment

Bump as a reminder

-R

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');