• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brinkman Dual Xenon Light? Really Xenon?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brinkman Dual Xenon Light? Really Xenon?

I recently purchased a Brinkman Dual Xenon light. I am a little disapointed with the performance. I had a quick question about it. Are the bulbs actually xenon bulbs? They certainly don't look like it. The color of them make them apear to be just regular bulbs.

Well whatever bulbs it has, they work.

Freedom prospers when Christianity is vibrant and the rule of law under God is acknowledged

Comment

Hmmm...I am beginning to think mine is defective. How far do you hold it away from the paint? Does yours work fairly well in all lighting conditions?

Comment

Re: Brinkman Dual Xenon Light? Really Xenon?

Originally posted by skitelluride531@cubs
        I recently purchased a Brinkman Dual Xenon light. I am a little disapointed with the performance.
        did you give it a full charge?

Comment

Keep in mind that they make a few different lights and you may not have a xenon.

If you do have a xenon you want to use the light in a low light condition (in a garage for example). Sun light will wash out the xenon light.

Use the light to reflect light into your eyes. I hold the xenon light in such a way that my thumb pulls the trigger on it. I guess you can say I am holding it backwards.

I hold the light about a foot to a foot and 1/2 from the surface.

See the reflection of how I am holding it-

Last edited by Superior Shine; Jun 1, 2006, 08:02 PM.
          Freedom prospers when Christianity is vibrant and the rule of law under God is acknowledged

Comment

Where were you able to get the dual xenon light? I am only able to find the Brinkman Lithium/Xenon Maxfire. Thanks!

Comment

Re: Brinkman Dual Xenon Light? Really Xenon?

Originally posted by skitelluride531@cubs
              I recently purchased a Brinkman Dual Xenon light. I am a little disapointed with the performance. I had a quick question about it. Are the bulbs actually xenon bulbs? They certainly don't look like it. The color of them make them apear to be just regular bulbs.
              Perhaps you're confusing xenon with "xenon arc " or "HID ", two completely different things.

Regular xenon filled bulbs are everywhere. Most quality flashlight uses either krypton or xenon as a filler gas. This intensifies the burning filament. Their appearence is no different from regular flashlight bulbs, just a bit brighter.

Xenon arc and HID lights, on the other hand, are those super bright bluish light you see on high end spotlights. They can often cost well over $1000.

Comment

This is a "Xenon Arc" light:

Comment

^ HOLY CR@P that light is sweet! How much does that bad boy cost? I wouldnt mind blinding a few people that drive too fast down my street.

Didnt someone once mention that Radio Shack carries the Xenon lights? Or Target... Walmart?
                  ----------02' 35th Anv. Limited Edition SS----------
                  561rwhp/541rwtq, M6, T-Tops, SLP option car, 1 of 1,037.
                  --| TUNED BY FORCEFED PERFORMANCE | Mods: Boost.
                  --

Comment

Originally posted by RoyJ
                    This is a "Xenon Arc" light:

_______<-----insert witty sci-fi comment...
                    Trust me...Your patience will be rewarded...

Comment

WOW... Luke Skywalker's Light Saber just got bigger...

Comment

Beam me up Scotty
                        I just love detailing

Comment

Originally posted by RCBuddha
                          _______<-----insert witty sci-fi comment...

"LUKE, USE THE FORCE."

Comment

Wow!!
                            join the Dark side, Luke

Comment

Originally posted by 35th Anniversary SS
                              How much does that bad boy cost? I wouldnt mind blinding a few people that drive too fast down my street.

Didnt someone once mention that Radio Shack carries the Xenon lights? Or Target... Walmart?
                              If you can sneak into a military base and rip one off a tank, then it's free. I'm not responsible for your M16 bullet holes though

If you can find one on ebay they're about $500 to $1000. Another $500 - $1000 or so to make it work (military power supply).

Bet swirls show up quite well with that light

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');