• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Liquid NXT Tech Wax Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Liquid NXT Tech Wax Question

I am new to car detailing and have questions before I use the Liquid NXT Tech Wax. I will be applying it by hand with a Meguiar's high tech applicator. Should I put a quarter size amount on the applicator and work it in or is there a better way? Also, I noticed many people apply two coats of the wax. Now, do I apply one coat, wait for it to haze, then wipe it off and repeat for the next coat? Or do I apply the first coat and then right after that apply te next coat and wait for to haze, then remove?

Most people put two coats of NXT (or any wax/sealant for that matter) to ensure that the finish gets complete coverage.

NXT can be layered onto the finish just allow it to cure for at least 12 hours prior to adding another layer of protection.

I mist my applicator pad with Meguiar's Final Inspection QD, then apply a small amount of NXT to work it into the finish.

If you get a yourself a Porter Cable 7424/7336 or the Meguiar's G100 polisher, you can apply the NXT with that and a fine foam finishing pad.. the results are spectacular!

This is a pic of my 2006 Mutang GT with three layers of NXT applied via PC and 3 of S100 carnauba paste wax by hand. Since that pic was taken, another layer of Meguiar's #26 was applied via the PC!

Meguiar's Fire/Rescue/EMS, member of the Church of the Highly Reflective Finish!
    Waxworks Automotive Detailing

Comment

apply one THIN coat , let it haze and then remove..then repeat for your second coat

dont be fooled into thinking more product = more shine, any more than a thin layer is all waste

Comment

And make sure that the wax not only "hazes" over, but is actually dry by doing the "swipe test".
        Look that one up, it's a simple way to tell if it's time to wipe the wax off.
        2006 Mercedes C-55 AMG black
        2000 BMW 328ci silver-totalled by son (no injuries)
        1998 Dodge Dakota Sport 4x4 deep amythest

Comment

Not trying to steal your thread bro but I have a related question. Is it ok to layer a nauba wax over the NXT? I just put a second coat of NXT on and Id like to put a layer of Gold Class on it tomorrow. Is GC a cleaner wax? If so I shouldn't use it over the NXT right?

I have heard that NXT is great (this is my first experiance with a synth wax) but that it doesnt last long. Is this true? And if so would the layer of GC make it last longer?

Thanks.
          1999 Ford Lightning
          Build Data: #360 out of 4000 4/19/1999
          Predator/2.80 Pulley/Airaid CAI/Single Chamber Flows

Sittin in the closet: 4lb Lower/TR-6's/LFPVB/12's

Comment

Some claim they get short live form NXT while others get a long life. I'm in the camp of a relatively long life. I get three to four months out of an initial 2 coats of NXT.

I don't top NXT but many do and like the results. I tried topping with Gold Class, #26 and #16. I like the look of NXT without a topper.
            Jim
            My Gallery

Comment

I can tell you from experience that NXT wax with out a doubt lasts longer. I don't have the bottle with me but I think Meguiars even states that it is their longest lasting wax.

I believe there are a lot of misconceptions about synthetic waxes because they are so new to the market place.

If you want the best long term protection go with NXT Tech Wax.
              I would HIGHLY recommend Meguiars NXT car wash also. It's my favorite. When diluted properly it has given me the best spot free wash out of any other product I have used.

The NXT tire shine is DA BOMB too! It is a MUST purchase.

Meguiar's NXT Gen line of products are just awesome!
              RW

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');