• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Surface comes out streaky and oily

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mike Phillips
    First thank you everyone for your patience with this issue, below is a response I have been supplied with to post to this thread to address this issue.

• #####################

Anyone in this thread who has purchased our M21 and is experiencing any type of performance problem with the product, we would like you to contact the distributor where you purchased the product or Meguiar’s directly for a replacement. Sometime ago, an inconsistent batch of the M21 was shipped through distribution and into the retail market. As soon as we were aware of the problem steps were taken to correct the problem and remove the product from the market. It’s possible some of this product did in fact get shipped and we think this could be the problem that some of you are experiencing either with separation or unevenness in appearance after wipe-off.

We thank you for your patience with this matter as well as bringing this to our attention.

Sincerely,

Meguiar’s Management

#####################

Meguiar's stands behind their products 100% -Mike
    Mike, in my opinion, you'd have difficulty naming another company that stands rock solid behind their products like Megs does...this is a fair resolution and one that those people who've had issues should feel good about...I've already contacted the distributor I bought mine from to see what he wants to do...thanks...
    Bill Poirier
    West Seneca, NY 14224

"until you can afford a great car, always strive for a great looking car"

Comment

• Originally posted by TKDDAD
      Mike, in my opinion, you'd have difficulty naming another company that stands rock solid behind their products like Megs does... this is a fair resolution and one that those people who've had issues should feel good about...

I've already contacted the distributor I bought mine from to see what he wants to do... thanks...
      I tell my son,

"Sometimes... all you can do is all you can do"

After that you stand.

Starting tonight, I'll have M21 available for anyone at our Wednesday night Meguiar's Open Garage events for anyone to try out for themselves.

Just to note, I'm going offline to head out for Meguiar's, I'll be back online in a few hours.
      Mike Phillips
      760-515-0444
      showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

First thank you everyone for your patience with this issue, below is a response I have been supplied with to post to this thread to address this issue.

• #####################

Anyone in this thread who has purchased our M21 and is experiencing any type of performance problem with the product, we would like you to contact the distributor where you purchased the product or Meguiar’s directly for a replacement. Sometime ago, an inconsistent batch of the M21 was shipped through distribution and into the retail market. As soon as we were aware of the problem steps were taken to correct the problem and remove the product from the market. It’s possible some of this product did in fact get shipped and we think this could be the problem that some of you are experiencing either with separation or unevenness in appearance after wipe-off.

We thank you for your patience with this matter as well as bringing this to our attention.

Sincerely,

Meguiar’s Management

#####################

Meguiar's stands behind their products 100% -Mike

Thanks Mike! I knew Meguiars would take care of its customers.

RamAirV1
        2015 Dodge Charger R/T Scat Pack 392Granite Crystal
        2006 GTO Impulse Blue

Comment

• Hey Mike, I have experineced problems with both NXT Liquid and 21 (both which are pretty much full). Should I call customer service? I wouldn't mind trying 21 out again, and have no problem returning the unused and nearly 100 percent full of sealent, and I would like to exchange the NXT liquid for NXT paste as well (since there seem to be less issues).

Thanks Todd
          Let's make all of the cars shiny!

Comment

• Thanks for all the advice Mike.

I have to say that of all the companys that i have dealt with over the years on the 3 times that I have contacted Megs Customer Service to either purchase product or funnilly enough ask for advice on the streaking issue the staff i have spoken to have been absolutely 1st rate. Cant think of another company that comes close.

I was especially impressed when i got through to the US Customer Service desk (after UK office hours all calls diverts to US automatically at no extra cost).

To my mind its the overall package the Customer Service, this Forum and of course the excellent products that have meant Megs have done so well over the years.

just my 2 cents worth

Rob

ps going to try again with the NXT tonight
            Last edited by Rob66; Jun 28, 2006, 10:06 PM.

Comment

• so we need to contact the place where we purchased the M21 (ADS for me) and let them take care of it?
              04 TL Silver
              04 CR-V Taffeta White

Comment

• Originally posted by TH0001
                Yep, those are the dark streaks I have noticed...

Perfect example.....

Have you ever noticed a fine layer of grease on the surface, that causes the sun light to streak (looks like superfine swirls, only visible in "rays" coming off the sun) that changes directions when you wipe the surface, but you can't wipe it off?

I get one or the other, or sometimes both.
                I've had this problem and the streaking/blotches issue with both NXT and #21. It seems like an oily film residue that resembles buffer holograms. Except the holograms are removed by washing or QD.

When I found the streaks with NXT I was using #7 as the base and attributed the oily streaks/blotches to #7.

As for the #21 I used #80 as the prep and had the oily streaks/ blotches. I then added Klasse AIO after #80 but before #21. Still similar problems. I had to stop using the products all together, as I can't chase down clients the next day to remove the oily streaks/ blotches.

I'm glad someone brought this up. I wasn't sure if anyone else was having the same issues. I thought it was my poor techniques and not the products. Most of my issues can still be attributed to technique I'm sure, but seeing some of the more experienced detailers chasing this problem makes me at ease. I've slowed down my detailing business and stopped using the products because of the unpredictable results. I couldn't charge what I was charging and run the risk of having the results I was getting. That's the crux of this problem, the unpredictability of the outcome with these products.

Comment

• Originally posted by scrub
                  I've had this problem and the streaking/blotches issue with both NXT and #21. It seems like an oily film residue that resembles buffer holograms. Except the holograms are removed by washing or QD.

When I found the streaks with NXT I was using #7 as the base and attributed the oily streaks/blotches to #7.

As for the #21 I used #80 as the prep and had the oily streaks/ blotches. I then added Klasse AIO after #80 but before #21. Still similar problems. I had to stop using the products all together, as I can't chase down clients the next day to remove the oily streaks/ blotches.

I'm glad someone brought this up. I wasn't sure if anyone else was having the same issues. I thought it was my poor techniques and not the products. Most of my issues can still be attributed to technique I'm sure, but seeing some of the more experienced detailers chasing this problem makes me at ease. I've slowed down my detailing business and stopped using the products because of the unpredictable results. I couldn't charge what I was charging and run the risk of having the results I was getting. That's the crux of this problem, the unpredictability of the outcome with these products.
                  So after all these posts from people having the same problem, has a solution been brought up yet?
                  Extreme Clean Auto Detailing
                  ...taking auto detailing to the Extreme!

Comment

Hi CJ,

As far as I know, there are no formula issues with either NXT Tech Wax, (Liquid or Paste), or NXT Speed Detailer. I have sent an e-mail regarding these three products but if I don't hear anything back then there are no formula issues.

As far as using these products, best result from any wax or paint sealant is to allow the last application of product to completely set-up after removing any product reside for a window of time between anywhere from 12 to 24 hours before you start wiping it with a quick detailer or washing it with soap and water.

There are a number of factors that can influence your results in appearance after wiping-off any polish, wax or quick detailer type product, some of those have to do with the material you're wiping with and sometimes it has to do with the way in which you wipe. Other factors do include proper surface prep as well as proper application of the product as well as not underusing or over using the product.

We do our best to make all of our products as user friendly as possible but we cannot control each fact that determines a single user's results.

One thing that might help with some of the issues brought up in this thread is to make sure when you're doing your final wiping of a panel is to always use your best, softest clean microfiber polishing cloth or a clean, 100% cotton terry cloth towel and use slow, gentle wiping motions to remove any trace amounts of product as outlined here,

Final Wiping Techniques

Final Wiping Techniques
                    One mention about your final wiping technique. (Not initial removal of product, but after the most of a product has been removed and now you're just giving the finish a final wipe).

Often times I witness people wiping the wax off their car, or giving their car's paint a final wipe using fast, spastic wiping motions. Instead, try this, take your wiping cloth, whether microfiber or cotton, be sure it is large enough to fold it 4 ways to give you plenty of cushion to distribute your hand/finger pressure more evenly over the surface of the side of the cloth in contact with the paint, and then wipe the finish slooooowly, not quickly like you're trying to put a fire out.

Wipe the finish slowly. Give the substance on the surface enough time to transfer to the fibers of the wiping cloth. Think about it... if you move your wiping cloth quickly over the surface, you're only allowing nano-seconds for any minute wax/polymer residue to transfer from the paint to the cloth, if you slow down the rate of travel of the cloth over the finish, you improve the chance for whatever it is you're trying to remove to successfully transfer to the fibers of your wiping cloth.

If you follow all of the above, always using clean, dedicated applicator pads to apply your products, then removing them using clean wiping cloths, your finish should look clear, gloss, rich in color.
                    No information as of yet regarding the aforementioned problems. I too am waiting for a definitive answer.

CJ
                    http://www.californiaspecial.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=27

Comment

• Originally posted by CJ from Rocklin, CA
                      No information as of yet regarding the aforementioned problems. I too am waiting for a definitive answer.

CJ
                      Hi CJ,

I've received your e-mail, Customer Care has received your e-mail and you've expressed your feelings and concerns in this thread and I'm here to tell you...

we've heard you.

Although the 4th of July is on Tuesday this year, for the most part all of us in the U.S. typically take this weekend off to celebrate with family and friends, this includes myself and as far as I know everyone at Meguiar's. No one's going to be back into the office until Wednesday and for myself Thursday, of next week.

You can take my word for it, you and everyone else that has expressed their concerns in this thread do have the attention of Meguiar's and this thread and this issue is being looked into. That said, please try to be patient.

Thank you.

p.s.

I always extend my cell phone number for Wax Emergencies like this, so if you need to, please give me a call to discuss further.

949-533-0225

p.p.s.

I'm in a hotel in Bend, Oregon getting ready to head over to a barbecue at the largest family reunion I've ever attended so I'm not going to be able to sit around and babysit this thread, so please everyone have a good weekend and a fun yet safe 4th of July Holiday and come the end of next week after everyone returns to work we'll science this all out until everyone is happy, you have my word on this.
                      Mike Phillips
                      760-515-0444
                      showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

• Originally posted by hondacrazy
                        so we need to contact the place where we purchased the M21 (ADS for me) and let them take care of it?
                        I am concerned about buying it off the shelves and getting part of the old batch. As was asked, is there a product code?

Comment

• Originally posted by Monk
                          I am concerned about buying it off the shelves and getting part of the old batch. As was asked, is there a product code?
                          For right now Monk, so you don't have to be concerned, enjoy the 4th of July Holiday weekend and wait till next week when everyone has returned to work.

Thanks!
                          Mike Phillips
                          760-515-0444
                          showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

• Well I thought I'd give it another try. I finally got my PC, WOOHOO! Got #83 and #80. I clayed my hood, used #83 with the PC, followed up with the PC and #80. Then applied NXT liquid with the PC and 9006 pad. Let it cure for about 35 min, used the swipe test before wiping it off and I still had the streaks from the NXT. Had to rub like hell to get it off. Didn't have it with the #80 and #83, just with the wax. I'm stumped!

Mike
                            Extreme Clean Auto Detailing
                            ...taking auto detailing to the Extreme!

Comment

• What the #21 shows is a typical water-in-oil emulsion instability. First, it releases water (product sweating, as Mike P. calls it), "oiling out" from the phase, which is not a wanted trait, because the remaining emulsion will deposit too much active ingredients onto the surface, which are too mobile and cause smearing.

Thankfully my #21 & NXT Paste is sound. The #21 releases only 1 cm thick water (12 oz ADS bottle), and recombines wonderfully. But the solvent has made a strange, artistic torso from the bottle...

Comment

• Monk, for what its worth, I have been told by both Meguiars and Rick (ADS) that we should contact Meguiars directly. Apparently Megs was orginally going to go through the distrubtors themselves (ADS and so forth) but after releasing that statement, they realized this was going to cause to much confusion and problems for the distrubtors, so they are handling the cases themselves.

Just contact Megs through their customer help line and they will directly handle it.
                                Let's make all of the cars shiny!

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');