• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Surface comes out streaky and oily

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mh68
    Hey all, new here to this forum but it looks great! I'm also starting a detailing business and have done quite a few cars and I have the same exact problem with NXT and Gold class as far as the streaking on dark paint. It's gotten to the point where I'm thinking about trying something else. I've always used Meguiars and love it but I can't be leaving streaks on customers cars. I've also applied it in high/low humidity, hot/cool temps and it does the same thing. I've skimmed thru this thread and is there a solution to this problem other than spending days on a detail job to avoid the streaks? Thanks.

Mike
    Have you ever tried the NXT Paste? It has never streaked for me and looks as good if not bettere than anything else. Gold Class is also available in paste form. The liquids tend to seperate but the pastes do not.

RamAirV1
    2015 Dodge Charger R/T Scat Pack 392Granite Crystal
    2006 GTO Impulse Blue

Comment

• No, I haven't tried the paste yet but am doing another job in the morning on a black truck. I'll get some tonight and try it out tomorrow. Thanks.

Mike
      Extreme Clean Auto Detailing
      ...taking auto detailing to the Extreme!

Comment

No, I haven't tried the paste yet but am doing another job in the morning on a black truck. I'll get some tonight and try it out tomorrow. Thanks.

Mike
        Meijer's has the Paste on sale for $12.39! I don't know if you have any in MO though.

RamAirV1
        2006 GTO Impulse Blue

Comment

• No, we don't. I'll just stop by wal-mart after work tonight and pick some up. They actually have it.

Mike

Comment

• I put on a coat of NXT yesterday evening on the hood and the roof of the car. The procuct was left to dry for over an hour.

The hood has been repainted 2 years ago; the car was thouroughly cleaned, polished and waxed during this last winter (took the time between october and april to do the car properly).

The hood came out really streaky! And even when I tried wiping it a bit extra with a MF towel it would look streaky, so I decdided that it could wait until today, I'm gonna go out and inspect it during lunch I thought. The roof however? Couldn't see anything!
            Granted, the roof is at a different angle so maybe it's a bit harder to see? Anyway, I seem to have very little success with the NXT so I'm switching now for #26 instead (and I am considering Cyclo CTI instead since I lack that really slippery surface)

I can't see anything that I did wrong, I tried to use a minimum of product and the surface was cool.

Anyway, just my 2 cents again,
            Marcus

Comment

• Originally posted by KTruck
              Hi hondacrazy:

Yes, M21 should dry to a haze before removal. Normally 15 to 20 minutes but can be longer depending on the weather.

All of Meguiar's LSP (wax or sealant) need to dry before removal.

Regards,

KTruck
              Thanks Ktruck--obviously I am still learning, but i love this detailing hobby, and i am excited to get better at it. responses like yours helps a lot!
              04 TL Silver
              04 CR-V Taffeta White

Comment

• Chalk another bad batch up of #21 for me.

Product has separated and after a lot of shaking it is not making it into the mixture that it should Its watery and in clumps, I sent customer care and email.

Mike any new information from Megs as to what may have caused this?

Comment

• Originally posted by Nightwalker

Mike any new information from Megs as to what may have caused this?
                  Behind the scenes we're looking into this...
                  Mike Phillips
                  760-515-0444
                  showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

• Originally posted by RamAirV1
                    Have you ever tried the NXT Paste? It has never streaked for me and looks as good if not bettere than anything else. Gold Class is also available in paste form. The liquids tend to seperate but the pastes do not.

RamAirV1
                    Well I did the black truck today with the NXT paste. It had better coverage than the liquid but I still got the streaks. I even tried Meguiars Paint Cleaner on half the hood before waxing just to get a comparison and it didn't help any. I ended up getting them out by rubbing like hell! I also had some Liquid Lustre(remember the "set the paint on fire after using it test" infomercial) so I tried that on the top and it wiped on and off really easy with no streaks without any paint cleaner. I don't want to have to use that on dark cars because I pride myself on using only Meguiars products and it's a name people know and trust. Any other ideas on what to try?

Mike

Comment

Well I did the black truck today with the NXT paste. It had better coverage than the liquid but I still got the streaks. I even tried Meguiars Paint Cleaner on half the hood before waxing just to get a comparison and it didn't help any. I ended up getting them out by rubbing like hell! I also had some Liquid Lustre(remember the "set the paint on fire after using it test" infomercial) so I tried that on the top and it wiped on and off really easy with no streaks without any paint cleaner. I don't want to have to use that on dark cars because I pride myself on using only Meguiars products and it's a name people know and trust. Any other ideas on what to try?

Mike
                      It is surprising that the Paste version streaked! Did you try #26 yet? Color X? You may need a more aggressive cleaner than the DC Paint Cleaner. Color X may work better for you. It will also leave a wax finish you can top with NXT.

RamAirV1
                      2006 GTO Impulse Blue

Comment

• I spent this afternoon washing and then waxing one of my cars, which happens to be black.
                        I first washed with NXT car wash, then dried with the Water Magnet.
                        The paint is in pretty good shape, so I just used Deep Crystal paint cleaner around the whole car.
                        I then moved on to a coat of NXT wax. The temp. was about 80 and it was very humid here today. I applied the wax with the PC and Meguiar's finishing pad and removed with the PC and microfiber bonnets over a cutting pad.
                        The finished result was perfect, with no streaking or oily patches.
                        I did work inside my garage, but I had the door open so it was pretty warm and humid in there also.
                        Just my experience today.

Comment

• Originally posted by RamAirV1
                          It is surprising that the Paste version streaked! Did you try #26 yet? Color X? You may need a more aggressive cleaner than the DC Paint Cleaner. Color X may work better for you. It will also leave a wax finish you can top with NXT.

RamAirV1
                          It didn't do it as bad but still did it. I'll have to try color x next time. You would think it wouldn't do that since I'm sure most people don't have the time to go around the car twice. I'll try it tho. Thanks for the help!

Mike

Comment

• Does anyone use #34 before waxing?

I have never heard so many complaints until this thread started!
                            Watch your pennies and your dollars will take care of themself.

Comment

• Complaints

Your right, there are a lot of complaints, but this is what the forum is all about. Look's like Mike & Co. are looking into it and I'm sure they will figure it out, which benefits all of us! Kudo's to everyone.
                              Attached Files
                              427 Big Block is true American Thunder. God Bless American Muscle.

Comment

• I've been following this thread with interest as I have large bottle of #21 which I haven't tried yet (too much other stuff, including NXT, to go through ).

Its been sitting unused for a while, and when I go to talk to it (sorry, OCD does that to you ) I notice it has separated. No biggy though, as when I give it a good shake it recombines beautifully.

I may pull it out and see how it works for me in the context of this thread.
                                Paul Marmarinos
                                Flawless Prestige Car Detailing
                                "The trouble with the world is that everyone's about three drinks behind" - Humphrey Bogart

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');