• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pictures & Comments from Baltimore, Maryland!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WOW, what can i say? the class was awesome! mike is a very passionate and knowlegeable guy when it comes to his work; and it shows in the forums and especially in person. i learned quite a few interesting things about mike and the history of meguiars. his class on detailing was very informative, and i think anyone could learn a few things from it. the practical hands on experience was particularly invaluable to me. i bought a pc last year along with several of meguiar's products. there was only so much i could do from practicing on my wife's car and reading the forums. i just didn't feel like i was getting the results i was looking for. after asking mike several questions in class, during the hands on training, and staying after to watch him finish the guys hood, i feel more confident in using my pc and meguiar's products. gonna practice some more on my wife's integra then it will be time to tackle my camaro.

i would like to thank the volunteer fire dept for hosting the event. jeff smith and mobilejoe for getting this going. and i would like to especially thank mike for his valuable time and expertise. and meguiars for sending him here! you guys got a really cool thing going on with these classes and i am extremely happy that i had the opportunity to attend one of them!

Comment

Saturday's Class

Thank you so much for the class. My wife and I learned so much. We were so tire when we arrived and figured we’d sleep through the class but you kept out attention and kept the class exciting. The class was well worth the 6 hour drive. Maybe one day we can have a class in the Raleigh area.
      Stacy Rhodes
      Master Detailer

Comment

where can i find one of these flashlights that show the swirls on the cars??????

cant seem to find one

Comment

It was a single xenon light. I think Mike said you can pick one up from target for like 15 to 20 bucks. I just saw a dual light at pep boys for 29.99 but im not sure if you would get the same effect with the dual light that you get from the single light.

Comment

Actually Mikes is a dual light, there is a switch on the back to switch between light modes. I bought the one from Pep Boys and they are identical.

Comment

Sorry it took so long for me to post a comment.
              The class was great. I thought I knew how to detail cars pretty well but, after seeing the demonstration I was in awe! Detailing cars is one of my many passions with cars and, being able to attend a class like that was a very exciting expierence for me. I always seen the posts for classes in California and thought to myself, "Man it would be awesome if a class came over here." Thanks to all that put it together and thanks to Meguiar's for giving us the opportunity to attend.

Comment

baltimore detailing class

This was a great class, i learned alot more that i thought i was going to learn. It was amazing the vast knowledge that the instructor had. i was very very pleased. But you gotta have "Detailing 101" part 2 that goes over interior cleaning more in dept. But overall the class was priceless.

Comment

This class was Great and Mike was outstanding. I learned a ton of stuff on detailing can't wait to try them out. Thanks again to Mequiars , Mike and fire house for a Great class. Gary

Comment

The class was GREAT! I definitaly learned a lot! Now I just need to invest in a PC and some pads.

EDIT: does anyone have a link to the website where it has the form/questionaire thing to rate the class?? I can't seem to find it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve02SLT

EDIT: does anyone have a link to the website where it has the form/questionnaire thing to rate the class?? I can't seem to find it.
                      Hi Steve,

There is no form or questionnaire on the Internet or on this forum, it's basically just your feedback and if you have any photos, then you post them to this thread.
                      Mike Phillips
                      760-515-0444
                      showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

When a person loves what they do it is a win win situation for all parties concerned. Mike you you def. love what you do and it shows. The biggest benifit for me was to see the entire showcase all at one time. I believe many of us stand before the shelves at our local auto supply store trying to make up our minds what's best for us. The down-side to that is that most stores carry a little bit of a lot of different brands. To see Meguiars
                        all at one time and to have each one explained and demonstrated was extremely helpful amd will cut down my gazing time at the auto supply store.

Mike you are an exceptional missionary for Meguiars and I wish you all the best! Jeff Nutter

Comment

Where do you start on what everyone learned from Mike Phillips on Friday and Saturday, the only thing that comes to mind is "AWESOME".

Meguiar's you have a great instructor and public relations representative all rolled into one. His knowledge of vehicle paint, product line, product usage, application techniques, people skills, and a walking encyclopedia of information for the consumer all the way to the pro detailer. A lot of questions were asked and he was able to answer everyone of them in a manner that made you feel that you were a VIP client of Meguiars. I have been a user of Meguiar's products for years (Consumer, Detailer, and Professional Products) and thought I knew a good amount of information but I learned new things each day.

As one of the forum members that pushed for the classes to come to Maryland, Mike was of course our main contact. I know I had to call him on numerous occasions and he was always ready to help guide us to get the classes going and having everything ready for him. Mike flew in on Thursday morning and he was constantly on the go the whole time here, I know I was very tired over the three days I was with him so Mike you really must be dragging.

I know some of the people who attended the classes have spoken up already but I would like to give a big "THANK YOU" to Mike Phillips and Meguiar's for coming here to Maryland to teach the classes. I would also like to thank Mike Lambert at The Shine Shop, Dave Johnston at the Northpoint-Edgemere Volunteer Fire Company for the use of their facilities, Jeff Smith for being the original driving force and last but not least all the people who signed up for the classes as you were great students. The classes went very smooth because of you.

I hope everyone that attended learned a great deal of information to help in the quest to keep your vehicles shining like a showcar !

Mike and Meguiar's thanks again, wish we could get you out here every year but I know that is not possible. You always have a open invitation out here anytime you want though.

Mobilejoe

Comment

Ditto the posts before me. Mike , you were great. Meguiars has always been a favorite brand of mine. Hands on demonstrations on their use just helps us get the intended results. We also now know what 'passion' means. lol

I just started to tackle my black pickup tonight. And I will be getting a d/a polisher to compliment my orbital polisher.

Gary

Comment

Baltimore class

the class was very good hope to had more in Baltimore MD another one North Point Edgemere would be nice. I learn alot of new thing that i did not know before. Mike you did agreat job in teaching the class. I think Meguir's so do more of these class across the U S A . Also tell your boss we think you so do more class. So more people can learn how to care for cars.

Thank You,

Jimmy

Comment

Re: Pictures & Comments from Baltimore, Maryland!

Is there another detailing class scheduled for the Baltimore area?
                                K3AKE 147.555

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');