• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Meg's Quick Detailer on other waxes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meg's Quick Detailer on other waxes?

Sorry if this is a basic question, but I want to make sure I get the best results.

I just washed my 10th Anniversary Miata, and noticed while washing her that the water was really beading up nicely, so I decided not to polish/wax her. I had used P21S wax on her the last time I detailed her (prior to that was using Meg Gold Class wax, but heard so many good things about P21S I decided to try it).

My question: Is it okay to use Meguiar's Quick Detailer on other (non-Meg) waxes? I love QD and use it on all my other cars to keep them looking just-waxed, but I only use Meg wax on the others.

Safe to mix this way?

Well, as far as safe, it is not as if your car will catch fire and explode....

However, it is hard to ensure great results when mixing different companies products. But I dont see any reason why it wouldnt work just fine. Meguiars stuff seems pretty friendly when used with other companies products.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Originally posted by Murr1525
      Well, as far as safe, it is not as if your car will catch fire and explode....
      #21 - Synthetic Sealant For Sale!
      Will ship internationally!
      Check the 'For Sale' section.
      Also selling #7 & Backing Plates

Comment

I've actually used QD on some finishes that weren't freshly waxed just for some spot treatment here and there and it seems to work fine, just a little harder to remove since there is not a nice finish under there.
        "Difficult takes a day, impossible takes a week." Jay-Z

Comment

I've used both Quick Detailer and Nxt Speed Detailer over Klasse, with no problems.

P21S is a carnauba-based wax, so if you want to match oranges to oranges, QD would indeed be a good product (Nxt SD, on the other hand, would in *theory* be better on synthetic-only products, but I haven't seen any difference when applying over #26 HT yellow wax). The comparable Meg's product to p21S is #26 high tech yellow wax, and QD is no problems there, so I don't think it would be a problem with P21S either.

Comment

Thanks all! Actually just attended one of Ron's detailing classes this week-end and am all pumped up with Meguiar's enthusiasm so I'll probably end up throwing any product that doesn't begin with an M out! LOL

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');