• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No clear coat.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No clear coat.

What products can or should I use with a non clear coat paint. I used NXT and the car looks great. I am concerned that if I continue to use this since it has a mild polish it will continue to remove paint. I wanted to use just #7 on a regular basis. The car is garaged and under a cover. It is a 1986 Mustang GT (Jalopena red) with 30K original miles and stock.

You can use the same products on clear coat, as well as single stage paints. Meguiars products are safe for both.

Using #7 topped with Nxt will look great, and if it is garaged and everything, will last for quite a while. You can use a Spray Wax even after your intermediate washings.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Do you think the use of NXT on a regular basis will remove too much paint?
      He waxes desperately with imagination.

Comment

Originally posted by bimmer330i
        Do you think the use of NXT on a regular basis will remove too much paint?
        Nxt wax shouldn't remove any paint. Cleaners remove a little clearcoat so i would think it would be the same for single stage. Someone can chime in if i'm wrong.

Comment

You have to remember that letting air move past the paint will cause a few molecules of paint to come off, so removing paint is all relative.

You can apply the Nxt all you want without any worries about the paint. The cleaners in Nxt, and other Meguiars waxes, are all very very very mild, and should not be confused or compared with an actual cleaning step.

On that note, a cleaner like DC#1 is also very mild, and would be safe to use every week for years, if for some reason yo uactualy needed to.

The problem comes from using old fashioned, very abrasive products, or an untrained person applying things with a rotary. Or both.

You can safely wash, clay, clean, polish, and wax your car every month, or every couple months for years. Using a quality car wash, some clay, and a nice paint cleaner will help prep the surface best, and your polish and wax will look better and even last longer.

Give these a bit of a read over as well, they might help with some of your concerns, as well as clear up what process to use. Or start more questions..

Meguiar's 5-Step Paint Care Cycle

Step 1 Wash

Step 2 Clean

Step 3 Polish

Step 4 Protect

Step 5 Maintain

A Lesson From White Paint

Suggested Products for Taking Care of a New Car

Measuring Clear Coat Thickness
          Last edited by Murr1525; Jun 4, 2006, 07:58 PM.
          2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Thanks!
            He waxes desperately with imagination.

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');