• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Clearcoat crack?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clearcoat crack?

Is this my clearcoat cracking? Not noticeable until I pull it into my garage and shine a light on it. When I take a closer look it looks like little gaps in the finish. It's mainly concentrated on the front area of my hood, my roof and trunk are fine. What could have caused it to build up so much on my hood? The car is a 1998 Acura 1.6EL, lots of highway and snow driving but I take fairly good care of it..

Daytime shot, nothing @_@

In my garage

Any way to fix this? Or just keep taking care of it to keep it from becoming worse?
    Last edited by fuzzydd; Jun 4, 2006, 05:04 PM.
    BLINK Detailing
    Serving the GTA Area

Clearcoat failure. Try ScratchX and an applicator pad. I believe that was the plan, someone else had that on this forum, I'm trying to remember how to fix that.

Comment

YEP cracks!

I have seen that on Ford trucks and Chevy astro vans among other vehicles.

They don't look so bad until you put some polish or a coat of wax on and it fills up the cracks with product and make them more visable.
      Freedom prospers when Christianity is vibrant and the rule of law under God is acknowledged

Comment

Wow and thats on a 98 acura. . I would think clearcoat would fail on an older car.

Comment

My dad has the same thing on his 97 Honda Civic. I don't know if it's something with the Honda paint in those model years.
          '96 Honda Prelude

www.vbautodetailing.com

Comment

Agh, is there any way to fix this, or repaint? When I put my eye down to the paint they look so huge and deep and ugly
            BLINK Detailing
            Serving the GTA Area

Comment

elite3847 claimed that he used ScratchX and that...

" it really helped ALOT! You cant see it unless your 5 inches from the hood! In the sun you can't see it at all...."

Search for "Civic Killed"...the top thread will come up, click on that and look at the last reply...

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');