• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Clear Coat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clear Coat

As my business matures and gathers more clients I'm finding that I'm doing nicer cars that I don't know as much about...

I know MOST cars in the last 10-20 years (Mike figure) have a clear coat...are there any makes that I need to watch out for as a rule of thumb for being single stage?

PS I'm doing a BMW 325i this weekend...looking it up on the internet I see the interior is 'leatherette'...???...is this a material better suited to a vinyl cleaner/protectant than a leather one?
    Last edited by 6318; Jun 12, 2004, 06:48 AM.

Generally speaking, single stage finishes will tend to be softer than clear coats, (Except single-stage white paints).

Also, when your working on any older car the chances of other people having worked on the car before you increases, which means you want to be very careful for thin paint, especially on high-points, edges and popular flat panels like the hood, deck lid and tops of fenders.

Mike
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Working...
    X
    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');