• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Car wash soap does matter!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car wash soap does matter!

Or, at the very least, there is a difference! I finally used up my Armorall soap, which I thought did just fine. I bought a bottle of Soft Wash Gel. It definitely felt more slippery on the paint, which was nice! I don't know if that matters for cleaning (it didn't clean any better than Armorall, which already did a good job), but the slipperiness seemed to make things go easier. I was surprised I noticed the difference -- I went with the Soft Wash Gel just b/c I wanted to stay in the Meg's line.

Plus, I really like the bubble-gummy smell.

I think a slick car wash aids in removal of the 'gunk'. I use Gold Class Shampoo, the slickest car wash I have used, GC might be another one for you to try.
    Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
    Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

Gold Class and Nxt are even better than the Soft Wash for my money...
      2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Yeah, I think I'll be trying GC next time . . . !

Comment

Re: Car wash soap does matter!

Originally posted by miked2
          ...the slipperiness seemed to make things go easier....
          That extra lubricity also reduces the chances of getting swirls and scratches while washing.

PC.

Comment

Tried some Super Soap (from the detailer line) this weekend for the first time. In my enviroment (extra hard water) I found it worked better than the NXT. Seemed to rinse a little cleaner and left fewer water spots. I bought a gallon so I guess I'll have plenty of occasions to see if that perception holds true.

Mort

Comment

I use to use Armor all gel wash. Then my dad came home with some GC and told me "here son try my car soap." I was thinking bah its all the same. So I tried it..and I was amazed at how slick this stuff was and I don't know if my eyes were playing tricks on me but when I was done, but my paint looked deeper. THERE IS A DIFFERENCE!..now I can't decide between my dads GC or my NXT wash.

Comment

Gold Class car wash

I love the Gold Class car wash. I bought half a gallon two months ago and will never go back to the stuff I was using before!! This stuff is EXCELLENT and as good value for the money!!
                Rob L
                Sentrarob

Comment

For my part, I'll stay with what I consider the best cheap soap available : Deep Crystal Car Wash.

Comment

I do the purchasing of car cleaning supplies in addition to cleaning the vehicles at the funeral home where I work. These cars always have to look stunning and Megs helps me keep on top of things. I have been buying 5 gallon containers of Tire Shine, Car Soap, Showroom Shine (like QD), and Orange Degreaser from a local car detail supply company. I have liked it for a while (and I use it on my own car as an added benefit ) However, I love Gold Class Shampoo and just started using it for the fleet - Costco had GC for $16.00 6 months ago, then 3 months ago they had it for $8.97 and I thought I wouldn't find another bargain like that so I bought 3 gallons for work (reimbursed of course). Then today I saw Megs Gold Class Shampoo - $3.97 a gallon!!! I grabbed one for myself and then a 36 pack of microfiber towels (had $6.00 off coupon for them) and I left a happy detailin' man.
                    I am very pleased with GC amongst the other Megs products I use.

Comment

You learn here and on other forums. That lubricity is what matters. To me that is the ability to safely lift the dirt from the paint to avoid scratches. I find that for me Shampoo plus works the best for me in that regard.
                      quality creates its own demand

Comment

For my main stay, I use both Gold Class and Ultimate Wash/Wax. The difference is if I am going to be working with a client's car the first time and going to be claying it is a waste of product for the Wash/Wax.

When correcting paint, that makes the most sense. But when maintaining Ultimate Wash/Wax really helps to boost the protectio for the paint. I still ofcourse always hit the car with some Ult. Quick Wax.

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');