• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Back-to-Back Details!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back-to-Back Details!

Last Friday I detailed my sister's Subaru Outback and the next day I detailed my daughter's Mazda Protege.

My sister's Subaru is parked under pine trees year-round and had a lot of sap on the hood and top. However, Meguiars clay bar and QD got all of the sap off.
    I then followed up with M83 on the top and hood and M80 on the sides. I finished the detail by adding two applications of NXT liquid wax. The second coat was added after the first coat had cured 12 hours.

The car had been washed only a half dozen times in the last two years but Meguiars and my PC were able to restore the gloss to that beautiful forest green color.

The Mazda Protege was a piece of cake compared to the Subaru. It had been given a complete detail during Christmas holidays and has been maintained on a weekly basis.

My daughter QD's her car twice a week and she comes home on average once a month for it to get some "extras."

Last weekend we detailed the interior as well as washing the exterior and adding an application of M26 to give the finish a deeper gloss.

By the way I got my DVD on Mike Phillips using the PC to detail the '60 corvette. It is a top notch production and I enjoyed adding a couple of tips that I learned from the DVD to the details that I did last weekend
    If it's worth doing; it worth doing right.
    I Corinthians 10:31 "Whether, then, you eat or drink or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God."

Re: Back-to-Back Details!

These pictures look great. Not a swirl to be seen.
    Tim Larson
    Meguiars Customer Care Rep
    Meguiar's Inc.
    1-800-854-8073 ext. 169
    Tlarson@meguiars.com

Comment

Re: Back-to-Back Details!

Its amazing what claying removes . Both vehicles look brand new. Way to go. Its nice that your daughter qd's twice a week. It saves dad alot of work huh? lol
      quality creates its own demand

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');