• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First Detail of the Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Detail of the Season

I've been so busy detailing other people's cars this spring that I just recently had time to give my car the royal treatment (although the wax that was on there only saw the elements about 10 times from November to March). The process included all Meguiars products: NXT wash, clay bar w/ Quick Detailer, NXT Speed Detailer, Speed Glaze (#80), Synthetic Sealant (#21), Hi Tech Yellow Wax (#26), PlastX, NXT Glass Cleaner, NXT Metal Polish, All Season Dressing (ASD) on trim and Endurance on the tires. PC used for #80 and #21, #26 applied 2 days ater #21 by hand w/ microfiber applicator.

I've always liked pictures taken in parking garages, so I tried it out. I wasn't happy w/ the lighting conditions (bright sun outside and flourecent lights on inside) but I did get some nice pics:

1999 Ford Contour SVT
    Silver Frost/Midnite Blue
    1966/2760

Looks amazing

Comment

looks good man.
      a tip on the parking garage shots: do it at night

and look for lights that bounce off something before hitting your car, direct lighting can be harsh
      Dave
      Constantly In Pursuit

Comment

Yeah, next time I try pics in the garage it will be at nite, hopefully after everyone is gone for the day so I don't get some random shopper in the background (all parking garages here in Burlington, VT are for the malls). I was disappointed to already see the lights on at 8:30 in the morning.
        1999 Ford Contour SVT
        Silver Frost/Midnite Blue
        1966/2760

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');