• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is a Chicago brand Rotary Polisher a good brand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is a Chicago brand Rotary Polisher a good brand

We'll just as the subject states: Is the Chicago brand any good? I saw one priced on ebay, and don't know if it's worth it, or just save my money.
    Never argue with an Idiot.. They'll only drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience..

If you mean "Chicago Electric", then yes, it is a fine, inexpensive brand, imported and marketed by Harbor Freight.

Occasionally they are on sale for $25!

We use them in our shop daily.

Heavy, and not the best, but really quite adequate, considering the cost.

Throw the (included) backing plate away, and order from Meg's!

Jim
    If it was easy, everybody'd be doing it!

www.jimmybuffit.com

Comment

I wouldnt reccomend them honestly. The problem with these machines is that they are made with really cheap parts and they dont last long. The biggest problem though is that they dont have much torque so even though the dial may be at 1500 rpm, you might only be running at 1000. If your going to be using these often I would reccomend throwing down the money for a makita. I was looking at a chicago a year ago and then got the makita. It was the best desision I have ever made.

Greg
      Pinnacle Detailing

Comment

Or for just $100 you can get the Hitachi....
        Quadruple Honda Owner
        Black cars are easy!

Comment

octaneguy bought one of these cheap rotaries and broke it, if i'm not mistaken. if he could do it all over again, i'm pretty sure he would of bought a high quality one like the makita 9227c he has now...

Comment

Thanks for the info Guy's..

That's why I posted the question on these forums..

Magic,
            Never argue with an Idiot.. They'll only drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience..

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');