• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Harley Davidson Detailing 101 Clinic at Meguiar's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harley Davidson Detailing 101 Clinic at Meguiar's

Meguiar's was proud to host a detailing clinic for members of the National Harley Truck Owners Club.

The Harley Davidson Ford F150 is a special edition truck of which the owners are very proud of and strive to take very good care of. One of our guests, kromdom came eager to learn all aspects of car care and specifically how to remove swirls.

Check out the horrendous swirls instilled by the manufacture of the hard tonneau on his truck...

Here's another photo...

At the Meguiar's Saturday Detailing 101 Class, we teach people how to avoid swirls in the first place, an in situation like this, how to remove them...
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

MEGA THANKS to Mike & Ben

Mike,
    On behalf of the Harley Truck Owners of Southern California (HTSC), a chapter of NHTOC....thank you very much!!

As MIKE said at the start of the class: I will not just hand out fish, I will teach you HOW TO FISH!!!! And boy, he sure did!!!

Came home with NEW KNOWLEDGE that we will all use for the rest of our lives...that is priceless!! This class came at the perfect time..I was ready to plunk some cash on a competitor's products and would have felt

Mike, you won a bunch of converts today and tell BEN to have those order forms ready. BTW, that HORRENDOUS tonneau is mine but thanks to Mike & Ben, I feel very confident I can tackle the challenge. In fact, I will submit an AFTER picture as a testament that the detailing class and Meguiar's product line works as advertised.

Comment

The Detailing 101 Class starts with a classroom session consisting of a Power Point Presentation followed by a question and answer time. After each class, attendees are asked to fill out a feedback form with their honest thoughts on the class and suggestions for improvement... (Which we really appreciate)

While this was a smaller class then many of the classes that take place here on Saturdays, the enthusiasm of these guys was awesome! This makes for a fun and educational class. Another cool aspect of the Saturday Detailing classes is that it gives members of the National Harley Truck Owners Club a chance to put a face to an Avatar

Mike
      Mike Phillips
      760-515-0444
      showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Re: MEGA THANKS to Mike & Ben

Originally posted by kromdom
        Mike,
        On behalf of the Harley Truck Owners of Southern California (HTSC), a chapter of NHTOC....thank you very much!!
        Hi Kromdom,

Welcome to Meguiar’s Online!

Meguiar’s appreciates all of you guys for spending your Saturday with us! As for me, the detailing clinics on Saturday are my favorite part of my job. I always enjoy sharing with people how to get the best results from their time, money and efforts.

If you or any of the others guys ever have a questions on Meguiar’s products, techniques or procedures, please feel welcome to post them here an I or our other knowledgeable forum members will do our best to answer them.

Mike
        Mike Phillips
        760-515-0444
        showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Any after pictures of the cover? Wish I could have been there. I love those trucks.

Comment

Actually, I feel we are the ones that OWE you big time.....doing 200 miles roundtrip not only shows devotion but also passion for what you do.

EYE-OPENING, VERY EDUCATIONAL, VERY USER-FRIENDLY INSTRUCTION.....Awesome class, man...no doubt this sentiment is echoed by everyone who attended. Will post a link to this thread @ NHTOC and vice-versa (hope the ZAINO diehards don't flame me). :

Here's the link to the thread we started about our detail day:
            Last edited by kromdom; Jun 12, 2004, 10:10 PM.

Comment

Hi Kromdom and

I am glad you enjoyed the clinic! Mike sure knows his stuff!!

I can not wait to see the after pictures!

Tim
              Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

No love for my 14 miles round trip?!?

This was an excellent learning experience for me. I learned so much today that it is still sinking in.

Making my wish list out now for purchase. Thanks again Mike! It was great meeting you.

Comment

Thanks for the welcome, guys. Believe me..I am DYING to fix dem nasty swirl marks (think I just made Mike's HALL OF SHAME!).

In fact, I am actively shopping for an orbital buffer/polisher. Seen a few units available at SEARS but would appreciate any input from the veterans/gurus here. ALSO, looked at some units @ ebay with a buy it now price of $115 + shipping (PC 7424).

P.S. Cash flow prohibits me from getting the unit offered by Meguiar's (the truck is very MOD-hungry)
                  Last edited by kromdom; Jun 13, 2004, 06:33 AM.

Comment

THANX TO MIKE & BEN!!!

I WANT TO THANK YOU GUYS FOR HAVING THE DETAILING 'EYE OPENER'. WE ALL APPRECIATE THE TIME THAT YOU SPENT AND INFORMATION THAT WILL BENEFIT US ALL.
                    DERMAESTRO- "WHAT LOVE???"
                    BEFORE & AFTER PICKS OF MY HOOD PLUS OTHER AWESOME PICS BY DERMAESTRO:

HBHARLEY-

Comment

Hi 100th #2888

Welcome to Meguiar's Online!

It was Meguiar's pleasure to work with such a great group of enthusiastic car crazy Harley Davidson Truck owners!

If there is anything I or Meguiar's can do for you in the future, please ask!

Mike
                      Mike Phillips
                      760-515-0444
                      showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Mike Rocks

Thanks again Mike you are the man. Im sold on your products, im about to start on my truck now but I just wanted to say thanks and if anyone has a chance to go a clinic with Mike take advantage he will clear up all of the questions we had about detailing.
                        Last edited by CaliHarley; Jun 13, 2004, 06:14 PM.

Comment

Why would a tonneau cover dealer let a truck roll off the lot like that? You spend that kind of money on a tonneau cover and truck you want it to look good!
                          Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
                          Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

Here's a picture of some of the Harley Davidson Trucks that were at Meguair's for the clinic,

After the classroom portion of the clinic, it was time to move out into the garage and put what we learned into action. Here you can see everyone joining in to learn how to clay on one of the trucks...

Mike
                            Mike Phillips
                            760-515-0444
                            showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

For the demonstration, three Meguiar's paint cleaners were used to show the results from each one. Meguiar's philosophy of,

Always use the least aggressive product to get the job done"

was put into action as we tried,

Deep Crystal Paint Cleaner
                              Clear Coat Body Scrub Paint Cleaner
                              ScratchX

After applying each one to a portion of the hood, the truck was pulled out into the sun for inspection by the club members,

After determining the ScratchX followed by NXT Tech Wax left behind the best looking finish, the truck was pulled back into the garage whereupon we applied the ScratchX by hand to one half of the hood followed by Tech Wax.

Then, after removing the Tech Wax from the demonstration side, we pulled the car back into the full sun to inspect again...

Here are the results...

Mike Phillips
                              760-515-0444
                              showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');