• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

need technically correct info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need technically correct info

sometime back, i had emailed meguiars this question :
    ==============================================
    Does the nxt tech wax, #20 and #21 sealants all contain cleaners in them ? If so, which contains the least and which contains the max cleaners ?
    Below is a copy of the reply i recieved from meguiars :

Thank you for your email. The #20 and #21 do not contain any cleaners at all. They are pure protectants. The NXT Tech wax is the only on that has an attribute in the formulation to help with fine swirls. This product however is not considered a cleaner wax. If you are looking for a wax with a cleaner it in, Meguiar's Cleaner Wax or a more aggressive Cleaner Wax called ColorX. If you have any other questions please feel free to contact me anytime. Have a wonderful day!

Thank you very much,
    Ash Erickson

From what i have been reading on this forum,#20 definitely has cleaners, while nxt has very light cleaners, so why this conflicting views on the forum and from the company ?

Request to kindly clear this confusion at the earliest...

On Meguiar's website the product description for #21 says that it also eliminates fine swirls and scratches. By "eliminate" do they mean with a cleaner, or does it fill them in? I'm not sure.

From the discussion on MOL, my understanding is that both #21 and #20 do have cleaners in them, but #20 has more cleaning action, in it. However they are both very mild and are not as aggressive as a true cleaner wax.

If you add a second coat of #20 or #21, it will not totally remove the first coat.

Some say that MPPP has cleaners in it, but from my use of it I don't see any cleaning action. I never did ask for an official answer from Meguiars on that.

This is a good question, as it can be confusing sometimes.

RamAirV1
    2015 Dodge Charger R/T Scat Pack 392Granite Crystal
    2006 GTO Impulse Blue

Comment

Just adding to the discussion, from reading on MOL.... the products listed are intended to be applied to a new/prepared surface... Speaking for NXT(I would guess #21 and 20 are similar), If I remember right the light cleaners are only intended to aid in surface prep and not a substitute for a true cleaner wax or paint cleaner. Like RamAirV1 said the second coat will not remove the first coat since the cleaners are so light.
      Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
      Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');