• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Paint/Surface Perfecting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paint/Surface Perfecting

Hi There everybody.
    I'm from New Zealand and have recently become the distributor here for an American Polisher. What I'd like to know is does anybody here do paint perfecting? it is a term I heard a few years ago. I understand the principle I'd just like to know the procedures/products that you use. Any advise would be appreciated.
    Tizeye
    Growing old is inevitable! growing up is optional!!

to MOL tizeye!

I’d never heard the term “paint perfecting” before. After Googling it I’d say that it appears to be a “business package” sold by a company in Michigan.

It looks like you buy a kit from them that includes a polisher (why am I guessing Cyclo? ), some supplies and training on how to use them. I’d guess that as long as you paid for the kit and continue to pay for their supplies that they allow you to advertise using their trademark and marketing materials and such.

I can guarantee you’ll get results that are at least as as good, but more likely better, with Meguiar’s products and techniques discussed here (probably for a lot less money too). If you want to use that other company’s logos and and marketing materials I guess that’s a business decision you’ll have to make.

Personally, I don’t think many customers care what products a detailer uses as long as they get great results and the few that do care would be happy to know their detailer was using Meguiar’s.

PC.
    Last edited by the other pc; Jun 10, 2006, 08:09 PM.

Comment

Thanks PC

Yep it is a expression that I first heard on a forum http://p068.ezboard.com/bcosmeticautoreconservices it said that guys go to high end car dealerships and restore the paint on expensive cars. They used a Cyclo and top quality products. Some of them would polish/restore copper, brass, and aluminum surfaces as well, hence the "Surface Perfecting." Apparently these guys make great money for what they do. I would have thought that it was a common term in the USA..but there ya go..
      Tizeye
      Last edited by tizeye; Jun 10, 2006, 09:12 PM.
      Growing old is inevitable! growing up is optional!!

Comment

Moved out of Meguiar's How To Articles forum and into Detailing 101 forum.

Mike Phillips
        760-515-0444
        showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');