• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DACP Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DACP Question

Hi All,
    Has anybody ever noticed how thick DACP is?...I have to really squeeze the bottle to get the product to come out!...I would sure hate to cause my new quart bottle of it to crack open by squeezing too hard...Has anybody had this problem before?

Maybe I need to drill out a bigger hole in the spout...
    r. b.

DACP is a little difficult to get it to peak out. But the way your describing it, is like squeezing molasses out! lol

Clean the cap off the bottle, you can drill out a bigger hole but I don't think that's necessary. Take like a tooth pic and stick it down in the pour spout, see if there is any blockages.

Was DACP exposed to the cold??? I don't know if that would have anything to do with it??? deadman98

Comment

DACP is a little on the thick side, and I know what you're talking about when you day you're worried about cracking the bottle. Last summer, I gave a bottle of #83 a firm grip before shaking it up in front of a crowd of people at a Miata Detail Day in Irvine at AutoRecon.com and the sides split and product splattered all over myself and those standing next to me.

While I have never drilled out a spout, I wouldn't stop you from doing it. Typically what I do is shake well and then poke whatever is handy, like a Zip-Tie, or toothpick down the spout hole to insure the spout is clear, then shake some product to the top of the bottle with a couple of firm shakes.

I'm sure the product is thick for a number of good reasons, including reducing splatter.

Best of luck...

Mike
      Mike Phillips
      760-515-0444
      showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Thanks for replying all...I have seen some of the Meg's bottles clog up inside the spout before...I tend to use a Q-Tip to clean out the mess, but I don't think the DACP bottle tip has clogged yet, but I'll check it out. I try to keep my products inside the house to protect them from temperature extremes.

I may go ahead and see if I can ream out the tip a little bit...Sure would hate to waste a new bottle of DACP by squeezing to hard!

Mike, maybe Meguiars could redesign the spout opening of DACP?!...Might be a good idea, what with all the EPA vapor rules resulting in a more brittle bottle?...Just my .02...
        r. b.

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');