• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

#7 Show Car Glaze and Deep Crystal Step2 Pure Polish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• #7 Show Car Glaze and Deep Crystal Step2 Pure Polish

I was going to buy Show Car Glaze, but the MIRROR GLAZE proffessional brand stopped me.

can someone tell me what are the differences between show car glaze and DC step2 pure polish?

Is #7Show Car Glaze amateur-detailer friendly and can be applied by hand?(I don't have a G100)

#7 is fine to use, i recently brought some and like it

use a sponge applicator and apply some to a 12"x12" or so area , you notice it skins over quickly, then take a couple passes with a mf towel to wipe off and top with your fav wax

ive seen a few threads complaining about how hard it is to use...but no issues here and i find it does make the paint look a little wetter than usual

Comment

hey thanks for the response steveo.
      it's that good huh? alright I'm going to get it tomorrow...
      favourite wax..what else but NXT Tech Wax. I just bought it...cant wait to try it out

I like the "...wetter than usual" part..thanks!

Comment

I have used #7 by hand quite a bit. My tip to you is make sure to prepare the paint with a say DC1, before you work with it, or it will come off really hard. Before I ever got a machine, that was what I used to get the deep wet look. You may consider using a clay bar also. The first time I used #7 I made that mistake. It came out ok, but was twice the work without prepareing the surface with a cleaner.

Comment

what do you mean by work? #7 doesn't comes off easy by hand u mean?

even DC1 I consider as work...when they say remove IMMEDIATELY...they weren't joking...

my door panels are dull and faded, hopefully #7 helps

Comment

Originally posted by foxhound58
            I have used #7 by hand quite a bit. My tip to you is make sure to prepare the paint with a say DC1, before you work with it, or it will come off really hard. Before I ever got a machine, that was what I used to get the deep wet look. You may consider using a clay bar also. The first time I used #7 I made that mistake. It came out ok, but was twice the work without prepareing the surface with a cleaner.
            my machine i like #3 more than #7... but no one seems to use #3??? i think that it is an awsome overlooked product!
            Patrick Yu
            2003 Honda Accord
            2008 Honda Accord EX-L V6

Comment

hi sneek,
              by machine huh, anything to recommend by hand?...the machine is..so...expen$ive...poor boy here

Comment

Hey the first time I used that stuff by hand. I had a mess. It was like I had used a clay bar on my hood without misting with QD.
                took about 20 towels to get that wiped off. My arms said never do that again. Ha!

Comment

WHAT??!!?! oh me god. I'm having second thoughts now...

DC2 pure polish or #7....dilemma dilemma

Comment

don't let that scare you away from it. It is really good stuff.
                    I had alot of oxidation on that car & without precleaning with anything first. Is why I had the problems. Now that I preclean & clay first it is one of best things that I use to get a nice shine on.

Comment

foxhound58, could it be the first time u put in too much of #7?
                      I'm saying this based on this thread: http://meguiarsonline.com/forums/sho...&threadid=8977

..alright I'll be buying me a bottle tomorrow..

Comment

Originally posted by sneek
                        my machine i like #3 more than #7... but no one seems to use #3??? i think that it is an awsome overlooked product!
                        I like #3, in fact I generally prefer it over #7 for basecoat/clear paint. BTW, #3 works fine by hand, it's not a machine-only product despite its name.

All the pure polishes (#3/#5/#7/#81/Deep Crystal #2) are somewhat similar, with #5 being the "most different" of the lot IMO.
                        Practical Perfectionist

Comment

yes I was. Plus trying to cover too big an area, plus trying to work it too long, past the drying stage. About everything you could do wrong, I was. This was like about 15 yrs ago though.
                          All I had back then was what was on the back of the bottle.

Comment

Accumulator,
                            thanks for the tip!...maybe I should look for #3, the retail shops in my area are only selling Deep Crystal #2 and #7. That's what limiting my choice.

foxhound58,
                            lol, no wonder you needed 20 towels.

Comment

i just put on some #7 tonight for the first time and i did 3 passes in an attempt to remove it. this was, however, a recommendation by mr. phillips in an old autotopia post he had made - specifcally about applying/removing #7. i found it quite enlightening.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');