• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who are we?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Who are we?

Hi, I'm 35...

Associate Prof. of Microbiology (Istanbul)

Amateur car detailer with full equipment
    Skoda Roomster

Comment

I'm 57.75 and the Magistrate for the city of Mobile, Alabama. I worked in a car wash when I was 19-20 (1970) where I learned that we sprayed wax on your car whether you paid extra or not because it helped the wind machine dry the car.
      I used to wax my cars occasionally using either Raindance, Simonize, or NuFinish. (Whatever was on sale).
      I bought a new car in February of '07 and got on the internet to learn about washing my car when I noticed how swirled my brand new car was.
      My knowledge and product purchases grew exponentially as my wallet shrunk.
      Heatgain (Gary)
      The Irate Magistrate
      Neutral & Detached

Comment

51 and just getting into keeping my cars looking great.
        Bought a 94 Honda Del sol about a year ago. Got it painted and noticed swiwls right away. It is black. Took it back and they got the majority of them out.
        Started searching the web and found this site. So far I have about three hundred bucks worth of product, including a DA.
        The swirls are gone, car looks awesome. Thanks to everyone here for the great info, and to Mag's for the great products.
        The wifes car is next.

Dan Harrison

Comment

51 years here.
          Been using Megs since 1976,learned about it from a pin striper and show car buff.

Comment

Hmm... I guess I hadn't reponded to this poll post previously so I'll do so now.

My name is Jason. I was 29 when I first joined this forum, 32 when this thread was started, and 34 currently.

I think I was one of the original members of this forum back in the beginning, as I was one of the 'ol gang that migrated over from Mike's showcargarage.com forum that preceeded Meguiar's Online.

Part of me still kinda misses that old small-town community feel the old forum had back in the day.

Comment

31, been using Meguiars for about 2 years.

Knowing what I know about car care now, I just want to forget my last 13 years since I bought my first car and had no worry about waxing and cleaning......aarrrgh!
              Last edited by Weiler; Nov 9, 2008, 01:47 PM.
              1999 FIAT Marea Turbo
              Forged + GT2871R

Running for 400whp
              ....from BRAZIL

Comment

I am 42...started using Meguiar's in 1979 at the age 13...washing airplane's and moved into cars within weeks. Wow...that was a fast 30 years!!
                Renny Doyle
                Attention To Details
                "Detailers of Air Force One"
                www.detailingsuccess.com

Comment

My name is Darlene Guevara im 23 and i been using meguiars products for a lil over a yr now.

Comment

Hi I've 22 years and I've discovered Meguiars products this year and I just got crazy hahaha

Comment

hiya all,i'm 36,based ,been using meg products (dc step 1,2+ zymol wax) since 2006.but switched to all megs this oct. switched is an understatement,as i managed to pile up so many meg products,hehehe,thanks to an understanding wife. from hand polish to using g220 (started this morning),now i'm hooked.

great support from local meg staff,Daniel.

Comment

Hi, I'm 32 and found Megs products by accident as 3 years ago I had some coupons for a local motor store and thought 'I've not heard of these guys, what the hell lets give it a go'

I'm glad I did!!!!

Mark

Comment

I'm 32, and have been using Meguiars since 1996, when I used the Deep Crystal system, and Gold Class first on my cymbals, then in the spring on my car. I was 19 at the time, and just smelling those products remindes me of working those cymbals at my high school swetheart's house...

Comment

I'm 16.

been using Meguiar's on my parents cars, and now my own since I was 8 years old.

Matt

Comment

im 31 in february, been using meguiars for the past year and found it as a strong competeter against far more expensive products.
                              would recomend megs full range.
                              my first products i ever used were by autoglym and still use some now.
                              Beau Technique
                              Member of the autoshine sv detailing network and dodo juice authorised detailer in the UK.

Happy days maxin the waxin.

Comment

23..... been using Megs for about 3 years now

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');