• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

simple ? - colorx & #26?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• simple ? - colorx & #26?

i've gotten lost in the whole "layering" thing, and what it is, and what can be layered on what.... <- me going crrrrazy

i'm working on my neighbors car while shes on vacation. last night i started on the exterior. steps i did thus far:

Exterior:
    wash
    dry
    air dry on the way home
    clay
    colorx

Interior:
    vac
    all vinyl and trim
    jambs
    (carpet & windows still need done)

now, without buying new, and using what i already have in my "aresnal" can i use the #26 paste on top of this? i think so, just not positive. i also have eagle 1 nano (i know, not meguiars)

if i use the #26, is one coat enough, or should i do 2?

car in question:
    before:

as of this morning leaving for work:

interior:
    before: (ewwwwww)

after: (ahhhhhh) - carpets still need done

ColorX is good stuff and #26 is one of the best waxes out there. #26 will work just fine over ColorX (have done it myself several times when I've used a one-step product). I would apply 2 coats of #26 - preferably a day apart but that isn't absolutely necessary - just to ensure complete/even coverage, and I think you'll get an appearance boost. Nice of you to do this - good luck.

Comment

Mike wrote this about topping NXT.

Topping NXT

I know you are talking about topping Colorx, but the same principles should apply. Do a test spot so that you can have a side by side comparison to see if the test area will in fact look better than just the Colorx.

As far as using #26 as a topper, there should be no problems with topping the Colorx with #26.
      Brian

Comment

I love ColorX + #21, #26 will quite nice too.
        2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');