• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

nxt tech protectant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nxt tech protectant

let me start by saying I have been using #40 for about two years now and consider that to be the bench mark for other products I try. With that said, I decided to try nxt. with #40, as much as I love it, I can't agree with the smell, so when I opened nxt I was blown away with the tipical nxt smell. great stuff!
    now on to the application, went on alittle greasier than #40, but I wasn't to worried yet. as soon as I was done I noticed some streaking so I took a towel and tried to wipe it down, but by the time I got it evened out it looked like I took off all the product. at this point I was thinking , time to go back to #40. I was also thinking that every time I find something that doesn't work too great it's usually because I'm not working the product right, so I decided to try again! This time I did one thing different, I let it set up for about an hour. I did my application, than washed car and dried , than I came back to the nxt and what a difference. all but some small areas had "cured" a quick wipe with the towel and it was perfect. maybe a hint more shine than #40, but not much. really just the way I like it. the set up is the make or break of nxt tech protectant. If its durability is anything close to #40, I think I found a new interior dressing. as the commercial says "Thank you Meguiars."
    2019 GMC Sierra
    1500 AT4

I switched to the #40 after having the same issues with NXT. I kind of like the smell of #40 a few days after application. I will try the curing process next time with the NXT.

Thanks for the tip!!

Comment

Hey 2000,

Good write-up! I have to admit, the new NXT Tech Protectant has me smiling!

Tim
      Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

I bought it a few weeks ago and tried it on last weekend. Aside of the interior, I also have plastic parts under my front and rear bumpers, and the roof lid of my cabriolet that had water stains over the years.

First I sat behind the steering wheel, sprayed Tech Protectant over a cotton towel and started wiping my dashboard. My first reaction was "wow, this is a little too dark!". After the first surprise (and since you can't stop halfway), I continued wiping the dashboard, doors and other plastic parts. In the end it looked fabulous!

Then up to the front and rear bumpers. They had traces of excess wax on them, so you could see the classical grey washes on the black plastic. This time, I sprayed on the plastic itself in smal dosises, and started wiping. WOW! I sure fixed that!

Up to the roof lid that closes the roof storage compartment. This part is a big black plate that has sun full-on when the roof's down, and suffered from water leak spots around the edges. I again sprayed my towel, rubbed it in and back came the dark finish.

I now drove the car for almost a week, and I don't see any signs of the product wearing off, or bumpers getting stains again. Way to go

Disclaimer: I have seen nor smelled #40 éver, so my opinions are biased

Comment

It is a nice product. At first it seems way too glossy, but it settles down quickly. The smell is nice, but I'd prefer my interior smell of leather than fruit. It does have more sheen than #40. It also seems to be highly suceptible to water. I got some rain in the car on the door, and you can really see spots where the water landed as the sheen is gone there. I don't find other dressings to be quite as suceptible to that, though perhaps because they don't have as much sheen to begin with.

On tires, it looks incredible, but one rain and it is utterly and completely gone. I personally will stick with #40 (and I still have to try my 303) for the Aurora's interior, but I do like the NXT protectant.
          1990 Corvette ZR-1 Bright Red with Red interior Hear it!
          2002 Aurora 4.0 Cherry Metallic with Neutral interior Hear it!
          1997.5 Regal GS Jasper Green Pearl with Medium Gray interior

Comment

the sheen thing is funny because my home truck (gmc) gets very little sheen from nxt tp, but my work truck (dodge) is super shiney. when I did my work truck the first time it was with a new bottle and I thought they changed the formula, so I went back to my personal truck with same results so I would say it's very " tempermental" to different dashes/ plastics.
            2019 GMC Sierra
            1500 AT4

Comment

I like the natural shine and my husband likes the NXT...hmmm we never seem to agree...

Comment

I must say I like #40 the best, and I am one of those freaks that likes the smell too as #40 sort of has a new plastic/vinyl smell once it settles in the car.

with some of the new dash coatings the Manuf's use these days #40 dries like the dash was new depending on the surface, I always try to do my cars so they look like the have just come from the factory. But another guy I used to work with detailing liked the shiney look.....it's all personal prefrence I guess.
                Sometimes the facts are just other peoples opinions....! ha!

Comment

nxt protectant

first of all i'd like to say hello to everyone - i'm a new member and so glad you all are out here - i have logged on at every available opportunity because i have alot to learn - WHEW!! - with that said i want to agree with the performance of nxt tech protectant - i've been using it since last spring - anyway i'd like to know has this product been discontinued or replaced with nxt tech protect/interior protectant - i primarily used it on my tires along with my interior - or can i use the interior protectant on my tires? - i've just tried the nxt insane shine the other day - still looks great but i'm used to spray/wipe not just spray - i haven't mastered spraying yet - so for my tires what is it? nxt tech protectant-nxt tech protect-nxt insane shine - i like the first product but i'm willing to change -

Comment

i don't like the nxt protectant (too greasy & now i use it for wheel wells). i prefer the natural shine instead.

Comment

I just bought a bottle of the NXT Tech Protect that I am yet to use. I thought about returning it after hearing about its "greasyness." I recently used Natural Shine, and loved it.

When you guys say the NXT is too greasy, can you elaborate? Is it like armor all in that you get in the car and it looks like you rubbed Vasaline (sp?) on the dash? I know the Natural shine barely has any shine at all. But it leaves a beautiful CLEAN finish. It seems like a matter of personal preference but I can decide whether I like the matte or glossy finish

Comment

You might just have to try it out to see if you like it. Seems that application is the key, if you slop it on and let it sit, then it will look really greasy. If you apply it somewhat evenly, let it sit for an hour or so and go over it w/ a towel you should get a nice matte finish. I do like a bit of shine on my dash so I put it on and don't go over it again at all, w/in a day it will "dry" and settle down quite a bit. The stuff does smell great, but it always makes me hungry

Brian

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');