Alternative to #21 and NXT???
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Alternative to #21 and NXT???

Registered Member

Alternative to #21 and NXT???

Hello, I'm new to the board.. I was just heading over to the ADS site to order a 12 oz bottle of # 21 before I saw the thread on the # 21 and NXT streaking and or being lumpy.

I talked/PM'ed Tim/2hotford the other day about his # 21 topped with NXT. You can't argue with the pictures that he posted. WOW.

Now I'm a little worried about ordering # 21 if many are having problems with it being lumpy or streaking.

Should I hold off on ordering # 21 and or NXT until this issue is cleared up? Any other suggestions on what to use besides # 21. I really don't need 64oz of #21, but if there haven't been any problems with the 64 oz that might be the way to go?

I'm a current "Zaino" user willing to try Meguiar's products.

I just bought the Gold Class wash and the Meguiar's cleaner wax. What else can I use to top the cleaner wax if the # 21 and NXT are causing issues? I would like something that's pretty durability if possible. I've heard carnauba wax doesn't last very long in the hot summer sun...

Would a Synthetic or Polymer sealant still be the way to go for a finishing product?

PS. I have all white cars and Suv's.

Thanks for your help and suggestions.

John

I have had GREAT results on my white Nissan Titan with NXT and #21.

I only order from ADS, and my current supply of NXT and #21 are perfectly smooth and consistent.

My avatar pic is after #7 followed with #21...it looks pretty good for being a white vehicle.

Don't expect TOO much when working with white, you aren't going to get much reflection - and white always looks better in failing-light...like my avatar pic to the left.

Welcome to the forums!
    Nate Williams
    N.E.W.car Mobile Detailing

I didnt think that a sealant would bond over a glaze? IE 21 over 7

TIME's Man of the Year SiriusRIMZ's Avatar
    Try #20, can never go wrong there. Many people have forgotten how good #20 does since #21 has come out.

The sealant bonds just fine over a glaze. I use #7 almost every time I dont use #80 and my car comes out great.

do you ever put the glaze on top of the sealant and then seal again?

I have done this with red moose glaze and then colinite 845 with good results.

Lets say I have Zaino on my car and I put #7 on top of it, it doesnt last so after a wash it would be gone right? I am just looking for that last oomph before meeting clients.

Registered Member
    N.E.W.car, SiriusRIMZ Thanks for your comments..

I was wondering if I went with M #20 instead of M # 21 on my white vehicles would I really be able to tell a difference in shine on white?

Heck they all look great right now with only Meguiars cleaner wax... Heads already turn just on this stuff alone. However, I would still like a sealant.

N.E.W.car, like you said you can't expect too much when working with white... I'm just wondering if would I be sorry If I didn't go with the # 21 instead of # 20, or with all of my cars being white car would it make little difference anyway...

Sorry for talking in circles.. I just want your opinions before I buy either or.

Remember I'm a current/former Zaino user so I'm not too familiar with alot of Meguiars stuff.

I'm converting though..

Thanks.

TIME's Man of the Year SiriusRIMZ's Avatar
    Originally posted by Nightwalker
    do you ever put the glaze on top of the sealant and then seal again?

I have done this with red moose glaze and then colinite 845 with good results.

Lets say I have Zaino on my car and I put #7 on top of it, it doesnt last so after a wash it would be gone right? I am just looking for that last oomph before meeting clients.
    I've never done... 21, then 7, then 21 again, as I dont think it would yeild to much more results than a regular 21 then 7 would. I'm sure you'd get a great shine nevertheless.

I'm no expert on Zanio, but I'm pretty sure that if you applied a wax (synthetic or pure) then a pure glaze over top, you'd get that extra 'pop' but like you said, it wouldnt last too long. I did an extensive detail on a black Benz a while back, it was going to be used for prom night for one of my friends, I did #80, #21 (x2) then #7. It was stunning, a couple days later the 'pop' factor was gone, but the car still looked great. I did this detail back in early may, and up to this day, the car still looks great with the regular QD.

I was wondering if I went with M #20 instead of M # 21 on my white vehicles would I really be able to tell a difference in shine on white?
    It's all personal taste. #20 and #21 are two of the most respected prodcuts in the professional line up. I've had the pleasure of using both, and I honestly, cannot tell the differnce in looks on a gold or silver car, so I'm thinking they would look about the same on white. The only thing I can tell being differnt is durablity, which isn't really that much. I had #21 on my Jeep all winter, and it held up, I was impressed. The general consensus is that #21 last slightly longer than #20, slighly meaning a month or less.

If your concerned about streaking with #21/NXT I would say try #20 or #26 (if you want a Pure Wax). #20 is almost exactly like #21 but differnt for the afromentioned reasons. #7 and #26 have been a detailer's choice for years. Its all about trying something new and seeing if you like it.

Like mike says, "If you find something you like, use it often."

^^^

Thanks for that. I just got a sample of #21 from a guy on Autopia but I also just put 5 coats of Z2 on my car so I will test it out on someone else.

I was just curious about the glaze, something like you said to give it another pop for a 1 time event, I knew it wouldnt last unless sealed.

Registered Member
    this works well for me -- cleaner wax:#7:nxt:#21 -- on a platinum colored nissan --

Registered Member
    Thanks SiriusRIMZ. I'm ordering M #20 as we speak...

Even if M #20 doesn't last as long as M# 21, I guess it won't matter since everyone of us cleans our cars a few times a week/month.. LOL

Thanks for all the help...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information