• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alternative to #21 and NXT???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alternative to #21 and NXT???

Hello, I'm new to the board.. I was just heading over to the ADS site to order a 12 oz bottle of # 21 before I saw the thread on the # 21 and NXT streaking and or being lumpy.

I talked/PM'ed Tim/2hotford the other day about his # 21 topped with NXT. You can't argue with the pictures that he posted. WOW.

Now I'm a little worried about ordering # 21 if many are having problems with it being lumpy or streaking.

Should I hold off on ordering # 21 and or NXT until this issue is cleared up? Any other suggestions on what to use besides # 21. I really don't need 64oz of #21, but if there haven't been any problems with the 64 oz that might be the way to go?

I'm a current "Zaino" user willing to try Meguiar's products.

I just bought the Gold Class wash and the Meguiar's cleaner wax. What else can I use to top the cleaner wax if the # 21 and NXT are causing issues? I would like something that's pretty durability if possible. I've heard carnauba wax doesn't last very long in the hot summer sun...

Would a Synthetic or Polymer sealant still be the way to go for a finishing product?

PS. I have all white cars and Suv's.

Thanks for your help and suggestions.

John

I have had GREAT results on my white Nissan Titan with NXT and #21.

I only order from ADS, and my current supply of NXT and #21 are perfectly smooth and consistent.

My avatar pic is after #7 followed with #21...it looks pretty good for being a white vehicle.

Don't expect TOO much when working with white, you aren't going to get much reflection - and white always looks better in failing-light...like my avatar pic to the left.

Welcome to the forums!
    Nate Williams
    N.E.W.car Mobile Detailing

Comment

I didnt think that a sealant would bond over a glaze? IE 21 over 7

Comment

Try #20, can never go wrong there. Many people have forgotten how good #20 does since #21 has come out.

The sealant bonds just fine over a glaze. I use #7 almost every time I dont use #80 and my car comes out great.

Comment

do you ever put the glaze on top of the sealant and then seal again?

I have done this with red moose glaze and then colinite 845 with good results.

Lets say I have Zaino on my car and I put #7 on top of it, it doesnt last so after a wash it would be gone right? I am just looking for that last oomph before meeting clients.

Comment

N.E.W.car, SiriusRIMZ Thanks for your comments..

I was wondering if I went with M #20 instead of M # 21 on my white vehicles would I really be able to tell a difference in shine on white?

Heck they all look great right now with only Meguiars cleaner wax... Heads already turn just on this stuff alone. However, I would still like a sealant.

N.E.W.car, like you said you can't expect too much when working with white... I'm just wondering if would I be sorry If I didn't go with the # 21 instead of # 20, or with all of my cars being white car would it make little difference anyway...

Sorry for talking in circles.. I just want your opinions before I buy either or.

Remember I'm a current/former Zaino user so I'm not too familiar with alot of Meguiars stuff.

I'm converting though..

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Nightwalker
              do you ever put the glaze on top of the sealant and then seal again?

I have done this with red moose glaze and then colinite 845 with good results.

Lets say I have Zaino on my car and I put #7 on top of it, it doesnt last so after a wash it would be gone right? I am just looking for that last oomph before meeting clients.
              I've never done... 21, then 7, then 21 again, as I dont think it would yeild to much more results than a regular 21 then 7 would. I'm sure you'd get a great shine nevertheless.

I'm no expert on Zanio, but I'm pretty sure that if you applied a wax (synthetic or pure) then a pure glaze over top, you'd get that extra 'pop' but like you said, it wouldnt last too long. I did an extensive detail on a black Benz a while back, it was going to be used for prom night for one of my friends, I did #80, #21 (x2) then #7. It was stunning, a couple days later the 'pop' factor was gone, but the car still looked great. I did this detail back in early may, and up to this day, the car still looks great with the regular QD.

I was wondering if I went with M #20 instead of M # 21 on my white vehicles would I really be able to tell a difference in shine on white?
              It's all personal taste. #20 and #21 are two of the most respected prodcuts in the professional line up. I've had the pleasure of using both, and I honestly, cannot tell the differnce in looks on a gold or silver car, so I'm thinking they would look about the same on white. The only thing I can tell being differnt is durablity, which isn't really that much. I had #21 on my Jeep all winter, and it held up, I was impressed. The general consensus is that #21 last slightly longer than #20, slighly meaning a month or less.

If your concerned about streaking with #21/NXT I would say try #20 or #26 (if you want a Pure Wax). #20 is almost exactly like #21 but differnt for the afromentioned reasons. #7 and #26 have been a detailer's choice for years. Its all about trying something new and seeing if you like it.

Like mike says, "If you find something you like, use it often."

Comment

^^^

Thanks for that. I just got a sample of #21 from a guy on Autopia but I also just put 5 coats of Z2 on my car so I will test it out on someone else.

I was just curious about the glaze, something like you said to give it another pop for a 1 time event, I knew it wouldnt last unless sealed.

Comment

this works well for me -- cleaner wax:#7:nxt:#21 -- on a platinum colored nissan --

Comment

Thanks SiriusRIMZ. I'm ordering M #20 as we speak...

Even if M #20 doesn't last as long as M# 21, I guess it won't matter since everyone of us cleans our cars a few times a week/month.. LOL

Thanks for all the help...

Comment

Here's some more food for thought for you guys...

Falling in Love with #20 Again

Scottwax using #20

Comment

It only streaks if you try and remove it before it dries, remember waxes must dry prior to removal.
                        Erik Mejia

Polishing Paint removes the stress in my life, and the swirls on my car.

Comment

Thanks for the links to the #20.

SiriusRIMZ, what's a good alternative to Meguiar's # 16 as a topper to # 20? That is if I can't find a can of #16.

Or would you just do two coats of #20 on white and be done with it.

With #20 how long should you let it dry before removing? Should you do a section at a time, or do the whole car ( by hand) then remove all at once. I normally do the whole car with Zaino then remove the polish all at one time.

Thanks again.
                          Last edited by Nosbusa; Jun 17, 2006, 08:42 PM.

Comment

You will have a real hard time finding #16. #26 is probably going to be closest, though it is only liquid I think. Gold Class would be the closest paste, if you really wanted paste.

#20 has some light cleaners in it, so I like the idea of using a pure wax over it, like the Gold Class, #26, #21. But nothing wrong with 2 coats of #20.

One thing ot note is that you are crossing companies, so dont get confused by different terminology. Meguiars paint cleaners and polishes(and glazes) dont need to dry, so you can do a panel, or section, then wipe off. Meguiars waxes (and sealants) and cleaner/waxes need to dry, so you can do the whole car, and even then have to wait a few minutes, depending on your environment. But I ususaly need the drink break at that point anyway.
                            2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

As far as the NXT goes, just use the Paste version. It is every bit as easy to use as the liquid. Don't let anyone else convince you otherwise! And there are zero issues with streaking. I've used the paste in hot humid weather, cold weather, let it set for a long time, let is sit for just 10 minutes, and it has worked to perfection every time. BTW, Tim used the paste version when he did his V10. Can't beat those results.

#20 is a great alternative to #21. When my #21 turned lumpy, I used #21 instead of #20 and the results were excellent. I topped it with NXT Paste and am very happy with the results.

Topping #20 with #26 is also a proven combination. #20 is readily available from PBE dealers and if not in stock they will order some for you. That will save you shipping charges.

RamAirV1
                              2015 Dodge Charger R/T Scat Pack 392Granite Crystal
                              2006 GTO Impulse Blue

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');