• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Deep Crystal System

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deep Crystal System

I have been a Zymol user for years, and i am looking for something else as i think i can get better results with another product. I am looking into buying the DCS, so i guess my question would be is could i use #26 Hi-Tech Yellow Wax insted of using the DC#3. Is the #26 a better wax then the DC#3 or are they about the same ? This will be my plan as follows:
    Wash with car shampoo
    DC Step #1
    DC Step #2
    DC Step #3 or #26 Hi-Tech Yellow Wax
    Finishing with Meg's QD

Any information would be Greatly Appreciated !!

You can use #26 instead of DC#3. Both are pure waxes. I haven't tried #26 yet, but DC#3 looks nice.
    #26 is generally considered a "premium" wax when compared to DC#3, so it may give a "better" look. But that would be up to you to decide.
    Which Zymol were you using? The blue cleaner wax or one of the Estate Glazes?
    The grass is always greener on the septic field.

Comment

Re: Deep Crystal System

Originally posted by dfrady
      I have been a Zymol user for years, and i am looking for something else as i think i can get better results with another product. I am looking into buying the DCS, so i guess my question would be is could i use #26 Hi-Tech Yellow Wax insted of using the DC#3. Is the #26 a better wax then the DC#3 or are they about the same ? This will be my plan as follows:
      Wash with car shampoo
      DC Step #1
      DC Step #2
      DC Step #3 or #26 Hi-Tech Yellow Wax
      Finishing with Meg's QD

Any information would be Greatly Appreciated !!
      Try #26, the general population of this board will vouch for #26, as its been around forever, and has a great reputation.

Theres no need to QD after waxing, only once in a while inbetween washes.

Comment

You may want to think about claying your car right after washing as well. It will make ur paint as smooth as glass.

Comment

#7>dc2
          #26>dc3

In my opinion
          Let's make all of the cars shiny!

Comment

Originally posted by BigLeegr

Which Zymol were you using? The blue cleaner wax or one of the Estate Glazes?
            I use the blue cleaner wax.

Comment

I would recommend:

Wash and Dry (gold class, or NXT)
              Clay(smooth surface clay kit)
              DC1
              DC2
              Nxt Tech paste wax
              2003 Toyota Celica GT- Silver Streak Mica

Comment

Originally posted by dfrady
                I use the blue cleaner wax.
                Depending on who you talk to, the Zymol blue cleaner wax is not a TRUE Zymol product. I have used it a couple times - the end result isn't bad, but it dusts REALLY bad. As in, when you are removing it it leaves a lot of "wax dust" on the paint.

If you want a similar product, Meguiars #66 is a great one-step cleaner wax - but the best results will be achieved with the G100.

Welcome to Meguiars - I am sure you will be more than satisfied with the switch!
                Nate Williams
                N.E.W.car Mobile Detailing

Comment

Originally posted by N.E.W.car
                  Depending on who you talk to, the Zymol blue cleaner wax is not a TRUE Zymol product. I have used it a couple times - the end result isn't bad, but it dusts REALLY bad. As in, when you are removing it it leaves a lot of "wax dust" on the paint.

If you want a similar product, Meguiars #66 is a great one-step cleaner wax - but the best results will be achieved with the G100.

Welcome to Meguiars - I am sure you will be more than satisfied with the switch!
                  Yeah but the blue Zymol smells so good... I used it on my lawnmower with amazing results...
                  Let's make all of the cars shiny!

Comment

When applying DC#1 do i basically buff it till it disappears ?? Or do i apply it and buff it off ?? How about DC#2 ??

Comment

Both DC#1 and DC#2 get worked in and wiped off. The DC system needs a car with a good finish to get great results. It will not do much for scratches and swirls. I will recommend DC#1, #7, and NXT paste.

I still have a partial bottle of Zymol cleaner wax and was always happy with it. You cannot let it dry on the finish or it does dust a lot. Another similar product is ColorX. It can be applied by hand and topped with a pure wax (IMO NXT paste) for great results.
                      Watch your pennies and your dollars will take care of themself.

Comment

I do basically this process: wash->clay->DC1->DC2->GC wax or #26 wax (depending on mood).

I apply DC1 with an orbital buffer. I work it in very well. It has some diminishing abrasives in it, and at least on our cars, has successfully removed 90+% of swirlies. DC2 I also apply with an orbital buffer and work into the paint. It adds a bit of depth and shine. GC wax I'll apply with an orbital buffer, since I have the liquid formula, and #26 by hand, since I have the paste version.

Comment

What's a good orbital buffer? Doesn't Meguiars offer one?

Comment

Meg's sells a great one, the G100A. It's basically a Porter Cable plus Meg's backing plates. You can also just buy the PC by itself, and add the backing plate, for a little bit cheaper.

Comment

Go look at autodetailingsolutions.com for some G100 deals.
                              2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');