• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

my stock rims...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my stock rims...

Hey all,

I can't get my stock wheels clean..
    I have a 91 mazda mx-6 with what I assume is cast alloy wheels. My rims are a one year only option so I don't want to ruin them as replacing them would be difficult and expensive.

They are in very good condition except I can't get the dirt off them. Its not brake dust. Its on the entire rim, both front and back wheels. I can't get the front that clean either, the outer and inner rim. When you see the rims up close, you can see the clean spots where I was able to make some leadway.

From a distance, about a few feet away, the rims look brand new to other people, but up close you can see it. Espically me because as you know, you want your car as clean as possible and you notice every little thing.

I've tried three different wheel cleaners, including meguiars all wheels, and two different wheel brushes, nothing works.

I wax my car by hand monthly with NXT, so I don't have any buffers.

What can I do without damaging the finish of my wheels? I'm afraid to expirement. I only found one place on the internet that has my wheels, and he wants $350 each..ouch!!

Anybody else run into this problem and solved it??

thanx...

Well, I dont know about your specific rims, but claying might be worth a try.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Could you post some pictures? Claying is a good place to start. Next I would try a paint cleaner like meguiars 1 deep crystal. If that doesn't work I would look into having them refinished. Probably be 400 to 500 hundred for all four.

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');