• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pics from Concours on Rodeo, Father's Day 2006

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pics from Concours on Rodeo, Father's Day 2006

Well, fell into my familiar habit of attending the Concours on Rodeo- held every year on Father's Day on Rodeo Drive in Beverly Hills. Was a good show this year, though seemed smaller than in years past & with a little less variety of obscure/unique cars. These shows typically aren't the best for getting good photos, but managed to snap a few here & there. Good show nonetheless. Here's some pics...

an Enzo, in something other than Ferrari Red...

what a duesy of a color!

There she is... there's Eleanor

lot of pretty redheads... the Daytona Spyder's always been one of my faves...

Last edited by Slick; Jun 20, 2006, 08:10 PM.
    R. Smith
    Santa Clarita, CA

more, more, more

a few more redheads...

R. Smith
    Santa Clarita, CA

Comment

but wait, there's more...

something about the 400i that always got me... a very uncharacteristic ferrari...

a really sharp Hurst...

I LOVE the color combo on this porsche...

didn't see Suzanne Sommers, but...

another beautiful color combo...

R. Smith
      Santa Clarita, CA

Comment

and yet more...

Who knew Batman drove a Rolls?

a couple of VERY nice woodys...

The Boxer's always been one of my faves...

wouldn't mind cruising PCH in this... tho saw plenty of Diablo's & 512TR's on the road after I left...

kinda funny seeing a Quattroporte at the show, since I had just seen one at the Dairy Queen in Valencia the night before. The owner got on it when he left the parking lot... engine sounded sweet at full song...

That's all folks!
        R. Smith
        Santa Clarita, CA

Comment

SWEET PICS!!!!

I always say I am going to go but I forget.

You didn't get a pic of my dream car!
          An Eldorado Cady!

Freedom prospers when Christianity is vibrant and the rule of law under God is acknowledged

Comment

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Superior Shine
            [B]SWEET PICS!!!!

I always say I am going to go but I forget.

You didn't get a pic of my dream car!
            An Eldorado Cady!

... well that'll teach ya! You'll have to go next year & take your OWN pics! :-D

Picture taking was a bit easier this year (because of the layout), but still a challenge.

Was a red '59 Eldorado Biarritz there last year. The crowds always make it tough to get good shots tho. Come to think of it, there were a lot of unusual cars there last year... a Scarab, an Amphicar, lots of obscure "orphan" cars- one with a leather-covered body, Nicholas Cage's Bentley coupe, yada yada yada. Not many "star" cars this year, that I could tell. Usually Leno & Seinfeld have at least a few cars there. Was no doubt that the "featured mark" was Ferrari this year.

Still a good show tho... not bad for free!
            R. Smith
            Santa Clarita, CA

Comment

That Enzo is SWEET!
              Life is about the journey, not the destination

Comment

What??? No Hot Rods or Customs? It was LA after all!
                Leo

Comment

Originally posted by DFTowel
                  What??? No Hot Rods or Customs? It was LA after all!
                  there was a few custom hi-boys & rat rods & what not... but no lead-sleds or low-riders.

Yea, it's LA... but in Beverly Hills, you gotta roll import/exotic to impress. Most of the "commoners" have hot rods & customs... seems about every fifth house in my neighborhood has a car in the garage that someone's doing a resto-mod on.

By the way... do you still have Moose? I seem to remember it on the block at that "certain auction site". I don't visit the Mark 8 website much, since I sold mine.

I still occasionally miss it- a '98 LSC Spring Feature car. Sold it about 2 years ago with 29k miles on it. But... it sat in the garage too much & became very maintenance intensive as a result.

Was at the local Auto Fair the weekend before last & came across a '98 collector's edition in Cordovan with 38k miles on it. Had some scrapes & scratches, but generally clean. Asking price was $6200... was almost tempted, but not til I get a place with a bigger garage.
                  R. Smith
                  Santa Clarita, CA

Comment

Originally posted by Slick
                    ...By the way... do you still have Moose?...
                    Sure do, he took First at Carlsile this year for the sixth time! And yes, he is for sale, offers have come close to what I want but not yet there.
                    Leo

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');