• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gold Class Paste Wax

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gold Class Paste Wax

I truly love the Meguiar's Gold Class Paste Wax but can anyone tell me why after a couple of rains or washes (with Gold Class Wash), that the smoothness of the surface is not as smooth as when just waxed? I thought this stuff wasw good for at least 3 months.
    Thanks,

Rob L
    Sentrarob

I too am a gold class fan, it leaves the smoothest slickest surface i have ever felt. I think that the protection is still there after a few washes and rain, but the smoothness is gone. I have no idea why but i just rewax the car because I just love that feeling . So if you want that feeling back just rewax, if you just want the protection its probably still there. I don't know how long gold class last but it varies under differnt condtions.
    Patrick Yu
    2003 Honda Accord
    2008 Honda Accord EX-L V6

Comment

Re: Gold Class Paste Wax

Originally posted by sentrarob
      I truly love the Meguiar's Gold Class Paste Wax but can anyone tell me why after a couple of rains or washes (with Gold Class Wash), that the smoothness of the surface is not as smooth as when just waxed? I thought this stuff wasw good for at least 3 months.
      Thanks,

Rob L

Mike,
      Do you have any ideas regarding this??

Thanks,

Rob L
      Sentrarob

Comment

You mean you feel little bumps? It's probably some paste building into little pigments with the rain water.

Comment

Should switch to NXT Gen

Joking aside, How long did you leave the wax on the car until you removed it? Also, you usually want to not expose the car to everyday driving for at least 12-24hrs to make sure its fully 'cured'.
          2003 Toyota Celica GT- Silver Streak Mica

Comment

Should switch to NXT Gen
            From my experience, NXT Gen won't stay slick as long as GC, but it will protect for longer. There's a difference between slickness and protection. Just because a car isn't slick anymore, it doesn't mean it isn't protecting anymore. Your car is still protected but won't have that just waxed feeling. If you want that just waxed feeling, wax your car.

Comment

Originally posted by Top Down
              From my experience, NXT Gen won't stay slick as long as GC, but it will protect for longer. There's a difference between slickness and protection. Just because a car isn't slick anymore, it doesn't mean it isn't protecting anymore. Your car is still protected but won't have that just waxed feeling. If you want that just waxed feeling, wax your car.
              that's what i love most about waxing my car at least once a month in the summer, you get that amazing slick buttery smooth finish! That's why I like GC more than NXT, and plus my paint is silver so you can't really see the difference
              Patrick Yu
              2003 Honda Accord

Comment

Originally posted by Top Down

I've used NXT Gen paste on my new car (red) once. I was a little disappointed in the appearance afterwards--I guess I thought it would have more gloss to it? I was thinking of switching to Gold Class paste.......and I've since discovered that it's recommended that one do "2 thin layers" of wax when you wax.

So here's my question: If I wanted to do 2 thin layers......could I use BOTH products?? NXT Gen for the "protection" it offers and GC for the "shine/gloss" quality it's supposed to have? If I could use them both, which should I use FIRST? If I shouldn't use one layer of each...why? THANKS for the advice all!!

Comment

Hi,

I have a silver car and I prefer to use Nxt Tech Wax on it. Nxt Tech wax seems to provide the best reflection. My car looks dull in comparison when I use a different wax.

People have described my car as a silver mirror.

To make a long story short, do not wait 3 months to wax your car. It is true the wax can last 3 months and still have protection, but to be ultra sure all is well, wax it more often. I recomend monthly.

As for using both Gold Class and Nxt Tech wax together, you sure can. Just leave about 6 hours cure time in warm wheather or 12 hours in normal weather. Park your car in a garage and possibly Quick Detail to remove dust before putitn gon a coat of the other wax.

I would recomend Nxt TEch Wax first given the extra protection and Gold Class on top since you like the slickness. However, you may find that Gold Class on the bottom and Nxt Tech on top provides a better deph of shine. I cannot say what you would like better, so I recomend you try it both ways.

Just try it one way this month, and reverse the process next month. Honestly though, I just use Nxt Tech Wax and don't bother with Gold Class anymore. I like Nxt Tech more. In addition, I should point out the experts such as Mike and Joe both seem to use more Nxt Tech wax than anything else. You have seen Joe's pictures and he had about 30 bottles of Nxt TechWax in one picture.

If he uses it that much, it must be the best. I use Nxt Tech Wax and have found nothing that looks better. The water beads up just fine with it too, and it feels slick. It also has the best appearance ever. I am very happy with it.

Justin

Comment

I have #26 for protection and GC fir slickness on my car now, i waxed it on Thursday.
                    Patrick Yu
                    2003 Honda Accord

Comment

I agree, if you want the just waxed feeling, nothing delivers it better than waxing the car. I'm not really a fan of Gold Class myself, preferring the Mirror Glaze range of products, but it does leave a nice slick surface but the slickness will go after a couple of washes - same with most products I've tried to be honest.

One thing that I do find leaves a very slick finish though - after washing and rinsing the car, before you dry it spray a the panel with some Meguiars Last Touch. Then you can wipe the waffle-weave drying towel over the surface more safely (as the Last Touch provides a lube to help prevent marring) and it will also leave a super-slick finish. Wont really add anything to the protection but I find it leaves a nice gloss behind and definitely a very slick finish.
                      "A thing of beauty is a joy for ever: Its loveliness increases; it will never pass into nothingness; .... "

Comment

Gold Class Wax

Thank you all for your help!!
                        Sentrarob

Comment

I agree that there is nothing like that just waxed feeling. I tell everyone after I detail their car to just lightly run the back of their clean hand along the paint just to see how good paint can feel. They are all amazed. My last job purposely didn't drive her car for 3 days because she didn't want to get it dirty!!

I wish that feeling did stay longer but the simple fact is that it doesn't. I threw on M21 the other day after a week and 1 wash after an NXT treatment. M21 is also very smooth and looks great.
                          -Brian
                          2007 Obsidian Black IS350

Comment

Re: Gold Class Paste Wax

Originally posted by sentrarob
                            Thanks,

Rob L
                            First of all you should know that carnauba has very limited durability. That said for all carnauba waxes, wheather you are using a cleaner wax(lasts maximum3-4 weeks), or a $7.000 Zymol Royalle. typically carnaubas last 7-8 weeks, and depending on a color of a vehicle, whether conditions, washing tools, it can be gone as quick as after first car wash!!!
                            Beleive it or not, but I stopped by either a 99 cents store, or a Dollar tree(don't remember right now which one). I seen there was some cheap brand car wash shampoos and waxes there as well...I carefully read the label - and guess what, just like I though EACH AND EVERY manufacturer will tell you that their shampoo will not remove your wax coating. It's a LIE!!!
                            Every shampoo will remove at least some wax protection, the qustion is how much? Cheaper shampoos will remove it in 1-3 washes; as the price goes up - quality goes up. That's why I use #62 from pro line, and #00 high tech wash. After testing them on my own - I will tell you that that highest lubricity and oils help minimizing wax coat removal to the very minimum.
                            These I the very best shampoos Meguiar's offers.
                            Color a a vehicle also matters as well as weather contions and frequensy of washing.
                            Carnauba melting point is as low as 180 degrees. Black and dark paints in direct sun can get as high as 200 degrees. Basically your wax is melting right off.
                            That's whay I would use a synthetic sealant - NXT, #20, #21.
                            Apply 2 coats (12 hours between each coat). Then layer up carnauba.
                            The rule of thumb is carnauba life 1 month...Synthetic sealant - 3 months.
                            That's when you get the most protection out of them. When you wait longer - MAYBE you still have a little bit of protection left, but that considered to be leftovers.
                            Hope this helps...

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');