Rotary Buffer vs DA Polisher vs Traditional Orbital Buffer - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Rotary Buffer vs DA Polisher vs Traditional Orbital Buffer

Anyone? I goin to try and run to the store after work.
    2005 Nissan Altima 2.5S

Pray for our country
    Originally posted by silence
    Will a orbitol buffer work with meg's deep crystal paint cleaner in remiving embedded water spots and fine scratches that I can't get out by hand? Currenty i'm using the hi tech-yellow wax, what can I use that will produce the same great shine as the yellow with the orbital buffer?
    It might remove fine scratches, but it would take a lot of buffing with an orbital/DC #1 combo to remove embedded stains.

I would try ScratchX by hand on those water spots, and finish the rest with the orbital. Some on the forum have said that SX is good at removing stains.

#26 Hi Tech Wax will give good results with an orbital, but you can apply any wax with an orbital.

well I was thinking t o try sx on the stains, but they are all over the car. thats alot elbow grease to do the whole car.
    2005 Nissan Altima 2.5S

Registered Member Mike Phillips's Avatar
    Will a orbital buffer work with Meg's deep crystal paint cleaner in removing embedded water spots and fine scratches that I can't get out by hand?
    No. The Deep Crystal Paint Cleaner is a chemical only paint cleaner, it contains no diminishing abrasives and this is what you need to take a little paint off in order to remove the defects you have listed.

Currently I'm using the hi tech-yellow wax, what can I use that will produce the same great shine as the yellow with the orbital buffer?
    Any Meguiar's' wax will produce a great shine applied by hand or machine. There are other characteristics you can bring out of paint like depth, clarity, richness of color etc. that some waxes will work better than others, but as far as shine goes, all Meguiar's waxes will create shine if the surface is clean and smooth to start with.
    Mike Phillips
    Office: 800-869-3011 x206
    Mike.Phillips@Autogeek.net
    "Find something you like and use it often"

Anyone? I going to try and run to the store after work.
    Your hand with a little passion will be more effective at removing paint than an orbital buffer unless the paint is a very soft single stage like single stage black paint.

ScratchX by hand on a clear coat will be more effective than anything on a traditional orbital buffer.
    Mike Phillips

ok well than i will just have to pick the spots that are very noticeable. The hood is my big problem, but I think i won't have the energy to do the whole hood with SX.
    2005 Nissan Altima 2.5S

ok well than i will just have to pick the spots that are very noticeable. The hood is my big problem, but I think i won't have the energy to do the whole hood with SX.
    You can try using the ScratchX with the orbital buffer, but two things, one is if this orbital is they large style, it's going to be a fixed speed buffer and this will be a slow speed, (as compared to the dual action polisher), making it pretty in-effective, (but you can try). Also, if it a large style orbital buffer like one of these,

Then take into account that a lot of your product is going to be sucked up into the bonnet itself until it reaches a certain saturation point.
    Mike Phillips

I'm looking at purchasing a G-100a for applying wax. (I've been trying to win one for the last few months, but to no avail !!)

My paint is in very good condition - I wash the car every week and wax by hand every 2-3 weeks. The car is always parked under cover.

I want the G-100 for two reasons:

1. To make my fortnightly waxing quicker and easier
    2. To hopefully remove some light scratches/swirls in the clear coat that don't come out by hand.

Would the G-100 used with NXT wax achieve the two points above? Or would I need another product with the G100? Or should I just use another product by hand and forget about the G-100?

Thanks in advance...
    Last edited by davey g-force; Jul 13th, 2006 at 09:27 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueline View Post
    I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Probably worth a new thread, but here is an answer for now:

Recommended Products - G100a Dual Action Polisher

Using the G-100 to remove swirls with the Professional Line

Nxt is just a wax, dont worry about any cleaning ability it has. You are going to want a dedicated paint cleaner to remove swirls.

#80 is kind of the go-to product for this sort of thing. It can remove swirls, but still nice and mild.

So a real fast detail could look like:

1. Wash
    3. 2 coats of Nxt.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Thanks Murr1525. Those links were very helpful.

The second link says to use M83 first for neglected or abused surfaces (which mine isn't). So are you saying that M80 is much less aggressive?

I'm a bit worried about doing more harm than good, as I've never used a polisher before. Should I try something even milder than M80? Or what would I use if I decide to do it by hand?

The swirls are very fine - only visible under flourescent lights...
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueline View Post
    I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information