• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My 350Z at Meguiar's - June 24th 2006!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My 350Z at Meguiar's - June 24th 2006!

My 350Z Detail Day at Meguiar's!

On June 24th, 2006 Meguiar's will proudly host a hands-on detailing class for members of Meguiar's Online Open Class Detail Day at Meguiar's! here at Meguiar's Corporate offices in Irvine, CA.
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Class starts in a few hours!

Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

So far we've got a really nice showing!

Mike Phillips
      760-515-0444
      showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

ahh thats a 300zx...my old car, every time i see one i just die inside for selling it
        Patrick Yu
        2003 Honda Accord
        2008 Honda Accord EX-L V6

Comment

Great class today with a lot of questions about a diverse group of topics, thank you to everyone that attended and maybe we can have another class down the road for everyone that missed out on this opportunity...

Here's a few pictures from the class before I hit the highway... the sun never peeked it's head out after the demonstrations so we were unable to capture the before and after but it was pretty dramatic...

Mike Phillips
          760-515-0444
          showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Mike, just want to thank you for taking the time on your anniversary to teach the class. I really enjoyed your informative yet fun instructions. Hope you wouldn't get in trouble with the wife!!!

Comment

thanks mike.

i found today's class very informative. I particularly enjoyed the demonstration with the dual action polisher.

i feel more confident now using my Porter Cable. Your explanation of the different pads and chemicals will help me choose the right tool for the job.

thanks again.

vinh
              (yellow G35)

Comment

Great class! I learned alot today. Thanks Mike.

Comment

Mike,
                  Big thanks to your wife for letting u come and teach us guys all about how to make our cars look emaculate!
                  Thanks for the demonstrations, learned alot. Got home and clay bar, polished and waxed the hood, roof and hatch.
                  Great products!!!!!!!
                  Thx,
                  Jon
                  Redline Touring A/T
                  Injen Red CAI
                  Gewalt Evo II-19x9;19x10 covered in Dunlop SP 9000
                  Stop-tech big brake kit(332x13;4 pistion calipers;stainless steel lines; slotted front rotors)
                  Veilside Vr.1 lip/Nismo skirts/Stillen Vr I Spoiler
                  TD Borla Exhaust/Crawford cats
                  Kenetics 4 plenum
                  3M bra-by InStyle Graphics
                  Hotchkis TVS 1 suspension

Comment

Thanks to Mike and Meguiars for having something like this and on a regular basis. I've used Meguair's products off and one (I try everything) and you've just earned some loyalty from me.

It's really good to see companies "giving back" with things like this. Even though it's a great marketing tool for the company it shows that they really do have a love for what they do and their customers.

Mike was a great instructor and gets added points for coming on a day that he really shouldn't have. Hopefully he made it home in time to get some dinner and celebrate!

I've been neglecting my Z washing duty for a while and now I've got to but the Dual Action buffer and take out the swirl!

Also note that the pictures really don't show anything that well but there was a pretty big difference there, and as a nice reminder why I'd never buy black cars out here in the dusty West, I'd lose all my hair trying to make it stay clean.

2004 Silverstone 350Z
                    GReddy Twin Turbo
                    Luff M1 Wheels

Comment

Great class Mike. I definitely learned a lot and can't wait to apply the proper techniques you taught.

Comment

Awesome job Mike, you made the class fun and informative, thank you.

Comment

Excellent Class!! After watching you work wonders with the D/A I am going to have to get one.

Also, I had no idea that there was such a thing as diminishing abrasives, I guess I will have to pick up some Meguiars compounds and find some sucker to buy my 3M stuff.

Once again, Thanks for the great class.

Comment

Just an update. I bought some ScratchX after seeing it demonstrated ( I should have bought it at the class) and used it on 4 scratches that a cat left down the side of my car. ONE application and using the Mike "passion behind the pad" (I used passion behind my MF towel) and in one application the scratches, which I thought to be too deep to get out were GONE!

The first picture shows the scratches, and the second one (I know the area is a little off) is the one after where there are NO scratches left.

EDIT...Can't figure out a good way to post pictures, but here's the thread on 350Zmotoring.

Before-Note they are vertical and look like "powerlines"

After-Zoomed in a little closer but the spot is right there...well gone.
                            Last edited by Beer Goggles; Jun 25, 2006, 07:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Beer Goggles

EDIT...Can't figure out a good way to post pictures, but here's the thread on 350Zmotoring.

http://www.350zmotoring.com/forums/s...631#post561631

At first, it's hard, kind of like riding a bike, but once you've went through the process and done it one time, then you'll have the skill set to do it over and over and over again no matter what forum you're on.

Read this...

How to put pictures into your posts

Heck, on Saturday morning, in front of about 25 people, I renamed, cropped, resized, uploaded and inserted half a dozen photos to jump start this thread.... if I can do it anyone can do it...

Mike Phillips
                              760-515-0444
                              showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');