• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is #80 still effective?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Re #80-82-83

#80 has been my favorite Meguiars polish since I tried it at the Meguiars/Autopia meet a couple years ago. Removes light defects and finishes down very deep and wet.
    Owner, Scott's Mobile Auto Detailing

Comment

Originally posted by hammer55 View Post
      the higher the number the more aggressive, theres a list some where here on the products
      well, that is almost correct.

From most aggressive to least: 85, 84, 83, 80, 82 & 9. 81 is a pure polish.

Comment

Originally posted by matt colvin View Post
        well, that is almost correct.

From most aggressive to least: 85, 84, 83, 80, 82 & 9. 81 is a pure polish.
        I didnt mean that 83 was the most aggressive, I ment of the ones he had posted, I should though let those with more knowlege post on these subjects

Comment

Originally posted by hammer55 View Post
          I didnt mean that 83 was the most aggressive, I ment of the ones he had posted, I should though let those with more knowlege post on these subjects
          Yes, that's how I read it. But his subject line listed "80, 82, and 83." This is a case where the higher number isn't more aggressive as #82 is less aggressive than #80.

Comment

Originally posted by matt colvin View Post
            Yes, that's how I read it. But his subject line listed "80, 82, and 83." This is a case where the higher number isn't more aggressive as #82 is less aggressive than #80.
            can somebody please tell me the diff in these products 80 02 83 and also what one is stronger. tks...........
            didnt see the 82

Comment

Re: Is #80 still effective?

The numbers are just Quick Reference Part Numbers, they do not signify the order in which you must use them or how aggressive or non-aggressive the products are. They're just part numbers folks.
              Mike Phillips
              760-515-0444
              showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Mike,
                I've been searching for some definitive product characteristic / abrasiveness scale across Meg's consumer and pro product lines.

Does something like this exist? Like many others, I've compiled a collection of products over the past few years and have lost track of their relative specs..

???

Thanks
                Hell, there are no rules here - we're trying to accomplish something.
                Thomas Alva Edison

'04 Infiniti G35 6MT Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by lgangi View Post
                  Mike,
                  I've been searching for some definitive product characteristic / abrasiveness scale across Meg's consumer and pro product lines.

Does something like this exist? Like many others, I've compiled a collection of products over the past few years and have lost track of their relative specs..

???

Thanks
                  No, not really.

The bigger questions are,
                  • What are you working on?
                  • What are you trying to accomplish?
                  • What products and tools do you have on hand?

Use the least aggressive product to get the job done

In order of aggressiveness from least to most for our cleaner/polishes,

M09 Swirl Remover 2.0
                  M82 Swirl Free Polish
                  M80 Speed Glaze
                  M83 Dual Action Cleaner Polish

We have no scale or comparison chart in the Meguiar's garage for people to follow, instead they use the least aggressive product to get the job done, if their first product of choice isn't working, then they substitute a more aggressive product. All our cars come out clean and shiny. The system in place works.
                  Mike Phillips
                  760-515-0444
                  showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

How does #7 compare to the 82, 80, or 83?
                    Thanks,

Brad

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');