• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

cutting out, no power

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cutting out, no power

Had a job today, started with 83 half the car done, It stopped "no power" if I wiggle the end of the cord and hold it just right it will work, opened it up all looks ok, thank god I had a buffer to finish the job, which I don't like useing it's a beast, any ideas whats worng with it.
    what do I do for the warenty for life, do I send it in or what ?
    I still need one quick for my next job.
    Larry
    Which to drive the Miata or Mazda6

You have a bad cord.

I have replace about 4 or 5 bad cords on those.
    Freedom prospers when Christianity is vibrant and the rule of law under God is acknowledged

Comment

I remember Rod talking about this in the mechanicsburg class. That is the main thing people return these for but its not the product, its the person getting it caught on the tire or something when they walk around the car and when its stuck they yank it, and after so many times it loosens something where the cord connects to the DA. I myself do that sometimes with the hose so now i know not to do it with the DA.

Comment

I'm going to take it in to work have the maintness guys take a look at it see if they can fix it, before I have meguiars take a look at it, In mean time i ordered another one, so I wont be with out one again in the middle of a job, better to have a back up anyhow, was always thinking of doing this,

Comment

It's fixed had a broken connection, I still have another one comming, don't want this to happen again in the middle of a job

Comment

As mentioned above, tuggind the cord when it gets caught is one of the main culprits for damaging the connections... electrical connections in many products are quite fragile to being tugged. Also, as you move the PC around, you can get twists in the cord which many people pull at, and this damages the cord. If the cord twists, disconnect the plug and alllow the cord to un-twist naturally to save damaging it.
            "A thing of beauty is a joy for ever: Its loveliness increases; it will never pass into nothingness; .... "

Comment

I don't recall tuging on it I try to make sure I have plenty of cord free, but when your busy useing it I'm sure you can tug on it without realizing it

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');