• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Multi Coats?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multi Coats?

Anyone put multiple coats of the wax on yet? I have a bright red z,and I was wondering what to expect. Is one enoug or will multi coats make a difference? Thanks
    Flawless

I applied one coat of NXT then 12 hours or so later I applied another coat the second did add to the depth of the finish. I could see a definite difference after the second coat.

I have been told anymore than two is a waste.
    Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
    Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

Originally posted by gb387
      I applied one coat of NXT then 12 hours or so later I applied another coat the second did add to the depth of the finish. I could see a definite difference after the second coat.

I have been told anymore than two is a waste.
      Excellent.Thanks.
      Flawless

Comment

Just to chime in here,

I know I have applied the NXT Tech wax to close to one hundred cars now, and more scheduled for the future.

In most cases I have always applied at least two thin coats. Sometimes one right after another with only an hour or so of time, and other cars sometime during the next day, depends on the customer and when they are picking up their car.

From what I can tell, two thin coats always leave a more uniform look from a gloss, clarity and reflectivity point of view.

If possible, try to apply two thin coats during each detail section for the maximum density of your protective layer and uniform coverage. A lot of people have been commenting on how the results look deeper, glossier and more reflective 24 hours later...

Mike
        Mike Phillips
        760-515-0444
        showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Mike - when you say 2 thin coats, do you apply the 2nd coat after buffing the 1st coat or do you apply the 2nd coat over a dry 1st coat.

Comment

I apply the second coat after first removing the first coat.

Best results will be achieved by allowing a full 24 hours before second application, if that's not possible, (which for most people it's not), then whatever you can get away with.

Mike
            Mike Phillips
            760-515-0444
            showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

I had 2 coats of NXT on my Silver 04 Acura TL as of last week. After this weeks storm, I wash it today with the NXT wash. I decided to re-wax it (ergo 3rd coat). The 3rd coad did not add to the shine as the 2nd coat did. So I guess it would be deminishing returns after the 2nd coat.

I still can't find the NXT booster so I do not know if that would have made a difference. I guess Silver does not have that level of shine compared to dark colors.

Comment

Originally posted by mrtech
                I had 2 coats of NXT on my Silver 04 Acura TL as of last week. After this weeks storm, I wash it today with the NXT wash. I decided to re-wax it (ergo 3rd coat). The 3rd coad did not add to the shine as the 2nd coat did. So I guess it would be deminishing returns after the 2nd coat.

I still can't find the NXT booster so I do not know if that would have made a difference. I guess Silver does not have that level of shine compared to dark colors.
                I have heard other say the same about the third coat of NXT wax. The booster does work well for me, I imagine it would not add much just a week after you wax, but.... a few weeks later it sure brings that just waxed shine back.

Might try calling meguiars and ordering the booster wax, they did have free shipping on an order of 2 NXT products, not sure if that is still going but you could call and ask.
                Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
                Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');