• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M40 question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M40 question

Anyone use M40 and have a white haze soon after application? I used it on the interior which was not hot, some areas were darker while some were pale. i used a High Tech Applicator Pad, and used very little. i also shook up the bottle before. i did manage to buff out the pale areas with a micro fiber. is there something i should be doing different? i did let it air dry, it did not say to dry with a cloth like the Quik Interior Detailer says to do.

I found that for best results it's best to just apply the product and buff it out right away. Don't let it air dry. I love M40, if only it would smell a bit better.

Comment

I used M40 on some exterior trim around the windows that Armor All had left all splotchy (serves me right for buying that stuff). I put on a thin coat and wiped it off fairly quickly and nothing happened. Then I put on another thin coat (both with MF towels) rubbed it in, let it sit there for a while and then buffed it out and the splotches were gone leaving just a nice, natural-looking black finish. I will never use Armor All again! At least not on my car.

Comment

That's true. I will never use another brand again. I can't afford to take chances with stuff that doesn't work. So far I've been pretty happy with all the Meguiars products I've purchased. Except with the Natural Shine stuff. M40 smells kinda chemical like, but the smell of NS makes me want to throw up, for whatever reason. Maybe because it reminds me of Turtle Wax's Ice.

Comment

Originally posted by monkuboy
          I used M40 on some exterior trim around the windows that Armor All had left all splotchy (serves me right for buying that stuff). I put on a thin coat and wiped it off fairly quickly and nothing happened. Then I put on another thin coat (both with MF towels) rubbed it in, let it sit there for a while and then buffed it out and the splotches were gone leaving just a nice, natural-looking black finish. I will never use Armor All again! At least not on my car.
          If you buff the Armor All with a soft fleecy cloth right after you apply it, it leaves a nice even finish. I do this on the plastic on the B-pillar as well as my plastic skirts. That being said, it splatters a lot and is ridiculously difficult to remove without using #39 :P
          Last edited by fuzzydd; Jul 8, 2006, 11:04 PM.
          BLINK Detailing
          Serving the GTA Area

Comment

Am I the only one who actually likes the smell of #40?

- Ben

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');