• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

dull paint

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dull paint

Can someone please give me suggestions on how to remove a dull area on a 94 black firehawk. Someone left a cardboard box on the hood and as a result the spot is dull. Also, there are parts of the hood where the clear coat is peeling off in addition to scratches and cracked paint on the front of the vehicle. Is it worthy of trying to get the dull spot out and wsomehow removing the clear coat peel and with what? Or is a new paint job better suggested? Sorry, I don't have a picture but I will post asap.

If you got paint cracking and clearcoat failure on the hood, i wouldnt bother trying to use anything on the hood. Best thing to me would be a paintjob.

Comment

thanks for the reply. so would is it fair to say that the dull area on the hood should not be worked on either?

Comment

Well that to me would be like, hmm, trying real hard to get a stain out of the carpet even though you're getting a new carpet in a week. Make sense? That is if you plan on getting a paintjob. But if you want to practice, i would try scratchx, if that doesn't work if you have a DA, use some m80 or 83 and see if that works.

Pics would help though

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');