• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

5qt Gold Class Wash at Costco

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5qt Gold Class Wash at Costco

Just went to Costco and pretty much had a heart attack. Check it out!

5 quarts of Gold Class Wash for $7.89!!!!!! Thats more than the 1 gallon bottle at Target for $9.99 at a fraction of the cost!

I only picked up one... haha I couldn't figure out what I would do w so much. Also, they had a pack of 24 Microfiber towels for 9.39. Better than the 8 pack I got from Wal-mart for 4.99

Awesome!

And you are talking about the Blue Microfiber Towels from WalMart I presume? I bought some about an hour ago, but I'm only gonna use them around the house, I'm actually using them to clean my shoes.

Comment

I got the same 1.25 gallons at Costco. It is such a great price, I'm reluctant to try any other soap. The gold class is a great soap too. It is a great bucket wash soap...tons of suds if you fill the bucket with a strong jet spray of water. I'm in the process of testing it with a foam gun.

The mf towels are Costco are nice too. Although, I'm not sure how well they hold up in the wash. I just washed my first load and they seem OK. Worse comes to worse, they'll be great lint free towels for cleaning around the house and the non-paint portions of the car. They are great with Stoner's. I'm in the process of trying them out Meg's glass cleaner concentrate...god that stuff smells good.

I did buy a 3 pack of water magnets from ADS for my drying needs though.

Comment

I got the car wash and mf towels from Costco, too. The towels hold up nicely in the wash - I've washed some of them 3 times already and they are still soft and haven't started to fray or anything. Quality-wise, they seem as good or better than the Wal-Mart towels, but fall short of the Meg mf towels. The Meg towels are very, very nice. I also bought some water magnets from ADS and these work great.

The Costco towels are very good for all-purpose uses and the Meg towels are good when you want to make sure you're using the best. So basically, I agree with what you said, just wanted to add my support!

Comment

You are so lucky with these offers. Here in Germany I have to pay 11$ for 1/8 gallon of Gold Class Wash.
          I think I have to visit the States

Comment

Not a Costco member. Do they have any other meguiars stuff there?

Comment

Originally posted by LS1MONSTER
              Not a Costco member. Do they have any other meguiars stuff there?
              Normally no, although their inventory comes and goes so you have to catch it when it is there. The mf towels are a good deal as is the car wash but otherwise, the car detailing items aren't anything special. There are some wash/wax packages and brushes, etc, but the quality is nowhere near the level of the equivalent Meguiars products.

Comment

yup, they did have a mixed car care package for $20 with some meguiar's products (Quick Detailer, cleaner wax, ???) but it wasn't worth it. The GC wash was about it. But a nice deal if you already have a membership. This should last me about 2 years!

Comment

You have to love those big jugs. I wish I could get a couple. At that price you can afford to change wash soap half way through the car.
                  Watch your pennies and your dollars will take care of themself.

Comment

Just Incase anyone cars, ADS has 12 very nice 70/30 split MF towels for 9.99. I love these towels, and the price rules!

I'm hard pressed to find any meg's stuff in a large package here.

Comment

Originally posted by SiriusRIMZ
                      I'm hard pressed to find any meg's stuff in a large package here. [/B]
                      Sirius,

I'm in the DFW area too. Just go to costco and take a look or I could even pick one up for you.

Comment

I grabbed the 1.25gal jug and the 24pk of MFs from Costco about 2 months ago. I almost bought a couple but the 1.25gal, at only a cap full per wash, would last me a looooooooong time. Even doing the occasional customers cars on the weekends.

Dangit.. now I wanna go get more.
                        ----------02' 35th Anv. Limited Edition SS----------
                        561rwhp/541rwtq, M6, T-Tops, SLP option car, 1 of 1,037.
                        --| TUNED BY FORCEFED PERFORMANCE | Mods: Boost.
                        --

Comment

"at only a cap full per wash"

35th Anniversary SS - Don't know if the above was a "typo", but if not, you are not using enough soap to safely wash your cars.

The Gold Class bottle says one ounce (4 caps) per gallon of water.

If you are using a 5 gallon container filled with, let's say 3 gallons of water, you need (per the instructions) 3 ounces or 12 caps of Gold Class soap to properly wash your car.

Hope you understand that this post is only to assist ... keep smiling.

Interesting thought:
                          We have three cars that I wash just about every week. At 3 ounces per car per week (total 9 ounces) I'll be out of this GIANT jug of Gold Class in less than 5 months. Guess I better get back to Costco for another jug before they run out.

Have a great evening.
                          2004 Toyota Tundra Limited V8 Dark Met. Green

Comment

^ Youre right.. Ive only used my GC twice since I bought it a couple months ago on my wifes Civic. I mustve read the label to fast and mistaken the "1oz" as 1 cap.

Good thing this was brought to my attention.. I just used the last of my old bottle of Rich Suds and was about to start using GC instead.

Thanks.
                            ----------02' 35th Anv. Limited Edition SS----------
                            561rwhp/541rwtq, M6, T-Tops, SLP option car, 1 of 1,037.
                            --| TUNED BY FORCEFED PERFORMANCE | Mods: Boost.
                            --

Comment

Dangit.. now I wanna go get more.
                              Now you will go get more and make all of us who can't get it that cheap jealous!
                              Watch your pennies and your dollars will take care of themself.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');