• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Meguiar's #20 is my favorite

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meguiar's #20 is my favorite

Man, I think I found my new favorite. #20! I useg Gold Class for many years then I started using the Pro line. I recently tryed NXT liquid on my truck but it doesn't seem as good as the #20 I used on my wife's Jeep. The #20 beads a lot better and feels more slick. I still like Gold Class but it doesn't seem to last very long.

Comment

The Pro Line is a whole new world.
      Watch your pennies and your dollars will take care of themself.

Comment

It really is a whole new world. I kind of hesitated before tyring the pro line because I've been a Gold Class user for years but I'm happy that I did. Great stuff.

Comment

lol i too love #20, i used to top it with #26 as a second coat of #20 woud remve most, if not all of the last coat. I don't think i have tried #20 topped with GC.
          Patrick Yu
          2003 Honda Accord
          2008 Honda Accord EX-L V6

Comment

#20 is still a great product. Very slick and durable with nice gloss. NXT Paste makes a good topper for #20 also. But #20 is good enough to use by itself too!

#20 is a great winter wax with the durability and the fact that it dries to a haze very quickly even in cold weather.

RamAirV1
            2015 Dodge Charger R/T Scat Pack 392Granite Crystal
            2006 GTO Impulse Blue

Comment

Re: Meguiar's #20 is my favorite

I got the local detail shop to put a coat of wax on for me this weekend, and instead of my usual #26, they surprised me and put on #20 (which they charge more money for usually, but they gave it to me for the price of the #26 package)

I like the look of #20, it appears to hide the swirls better than #26. It seems to be about on par with NXT in swirl hiding (NXT is what I use when I do the waxing myself in the warmer months here)

They normally use #21 there though, but they've currently got one of the watery batches, so that's why they gave me #20 instead.

It's got me curious, how different is #20 from #21? Which is more durable?
              2018 Torch Red Corvette

Comment

Originally posted by Patman View Post

Technically, M21 would be better in all aspects. M20 has more cleaners in it and it is a very good product but to really judge if it's better than any other product, (Meguiar's or otherwise), you would need to properly and equally prepare the surface, and then apply two different waxes side-by-side following the application and removal directions as directed by the manufacture and after removal inspect the results in a variety of lighting conditions.

There really is no way to test a wax visually unless you're comparing side-by-side, otherwise you're what? drawing from memory of how something looked during another time?
                Mike Phillips
                760-515-0444
                showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Originally posted by Patman View Post
                  I got the local detail shop to put a coat of wax on for me this weekend, and instead of my usual #26, they surprised me and put on #20 (which they charge more money for usually, but they gave it to me for the price of the #26 package)

I like the look of #20, it appears to hide the swirls better than #26. It seems to be about on par with NXT in swirl hiding (NXT is what I use when I do the waxing myself in the warmer months here)

They normally use #21 there though, but they've currently got one of the watery batches, so that's why they gave me #20 instead.

#21 provides a darker richer look than #20. #20 has high reflectivity. #20 is easier to work with in cold weather, it dries much more quickly than #21. They seem to have equal durability.

#21 has very good swirl hiding too!

A coat of #26 over #20 provides a similar look to that of #21 and is a good combination to use in colder weather. #26 has no cleaners so it makes a good topper.

RamAirV1
                  2015 Dodge Charger R/T Scat Pack 392Granite Crystal
                  2006 GTO Impulse Blue

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');