• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hard Water Spots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hard Water Spots

okay, so I had some hard water etch into the clearcoat. Did a pass once with scratchX and once with 83 and pc and the etching is still there. Then I got even more hard water spots from today that are baking in the sun.

I don't really have time to try and do another pass with 83 and pc. Any thoughts on removing the etching and the new waterspots?

I was thinking of QD'ing and then applying 83 or more scratchX by hand for the etching.

I was also thinking of QD'ing and applying 80 by hand for the recent water spots. Would claying be a better solution here?

This *****, I was really good at keeping the water spots off, and then I just got busy and couldn't wash the car for like two weeks.

You will have to do the SCRATCHX many times to remove the spots. I used it on my swirls and it did a great job. Look around the forums and I'm sure you will find more hints.

Comment

If the water spots are indeed "etched" into your clearcoat, then the only option you may have is to wet sand your car. Wet sanding can be rather tricky, so see a professional detailer before going down this road.

In my personal experiences: I use a water spot remover that is avaliable to me locally. This remover is more potent than other commercially avaliable (automotive) ones that I have used and its mechanism of action is to soften and dissolve the mineral deposits away. If even after I've water spotted a car and the spots still present have indeed etched the clear coat, then I have to wet sand.

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');