• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Am I missing somthing? (A little advice needed please)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Am I missing somthing? (A little advice needed please)

This is a basic how-to on using two products from Meguiar's New Detailer Line to degrease an engine compartment and restore a new-car look.
    I have read the "How-To" sticky at the top where it says ^ . But yet it does not say that the "two products" are, and it does not really give any info (though it does say "stay tuned"). I have read some posts, and would like to expand my detailing experiance to engine compartments. I have had less than limited success in the past, mostly due to how can you safely clean it?

Anyways i need to get some product from the "New Detailers Line" but am not sure what to get, im guessing it includes somthing along the lines of:

Safe D-Greaser (1 gallon)
    All Season Dressing (1 gallon) or Hyper-Dressing (1 gallon) ?
    And of course Secondary Bottles (3)

Thanks for the help guys (in advance), what ever you guys recomend will be included in my next purchase... (hopefully very soon) I love my new G100a so much i just cant stop! lol.
    2001 Ford Ranger XLT 4x4

Re: Am I missing somthing? (A little advice needed please)

Originally posted by spotdog14
    I have read the "How-To" sticky at the top where it says ^ . But yet it does not say that the "two products" are, and it does not really give any info (though it does say "stay tuned"). I have read some posts, and would like to expand my detailing experiance to engine compartments. I have had less than limited success in the past, mostly due to how can you safely clean it?
    Here's a link to an engine detail I did on my personal vehicle. I wrote us step by step instructions. Give it a read and see if it answers your questions..

Engine Detail
    Never argue with an Idiot.. They'll only drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience..

Comment

awsome, thanks for the into. Ill get some degreaser or some kind and use my old body brush.
      2001 Ford Ranger XLT 4x4

Comment

I use Safe-D Greaser diluted strong (I forget the ratio off the top of my head).

And Rinse with warm water, then spray Hyper Dressing, and wipe down some items with a MF towel.

Comment

To be brief: cover up certain electronics w/ plastic wrap, rinse, used safe d-greaser diluted I think 10:1 (I didn't need it to be strong because it cleaned very well at 10:1), agitated with versa angle body brush and assorted soft bristle brushes for the hard to reach spots, rinse, dried with air compressor and terry cloth towels, mist hyper dressing 3:1, wipe off with mf. You can also check out my process: F-150 engine detail
          I explained it on the 2nd page. Hope this helps.

Comment

Originally posted by F-150
            To be brief: cover up certain electronics w/ plastic wrap, rinse, used safe d-greaser diluted I think 10:1 (I didn't need it to be strong because it cleaned very well at 10:1), agitated with versa angle body brush and assorted soft bristle brushes for the hard to reach spots, rinse, dried with air compressor and terry cloth towels, mist hyper dressing 3:1, wipe off with mf. You can also check out my process: F-150 engine detail
            I explained it on the 2nd page. Hope this helps.
            wow, that is simply amazing! thank you very much for the info, im going to go over and pick up some Safe-D Degreaser, and some Hyper Dressing after i go home and see what else i need to order.

Also thanks for te ratios that you use, ill have to give those a try when i get my stuff.

P.S.
            what type of spray nozel should i get? the "regualr", "chemical resistant", "high volume" or the "foaming sprayer"? for the degreaser and the dressing? thanks!
            Last edited by spotdog14; Aug 1, 2006, 10:25 AM.
            2001 Ford Ranger XLT 4x4

Comment

Hyper Dressing: regular sprayer
              Safe D-Greaser: Chemical resistant sprayer and High Foaming (I'd just get both to see which one you like more)

Comment

Re: Am I missing somthing? (A little advice needed please)

Originally posted by F-150 View Post
                Hyper Dressing: regular sprayer
                Safe D-Greaser: Chemical resistant sprayer and High Foaming (I'd just get both to see which one you like more)
                cool, thanks again! my next detail i am going to do will pay for some more product, so hopefully before winter ill be able to do an engine detail on our 95 explorer....
                2001 Ford Ranger XLT 4x4

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');