• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NXT Tech Wax review (2 layers)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NXT Tech Wax review (2 layers)

I have been really patient this weekend and detailed my motorbike this weekend over three days. By the way the bike is a green kawasaki zx-10r.

Friday: wash + degrease dirty parts
    Saturday: dust off, first layer of Nxt tech wax, wait for 2nd half of Germany vs. Argentina to finish come back and the first coat is almost invisible, wife off, bike perfectly shiny.
    Sunday: dust off, second layer of Nxt tech wax, wait 15-20min for the wax to dry then wipe off, bike perfectly shiny.

Notes:
    - Waited more than 12 hours between layers like suggested in the forum.
    - Did not use quick detailer after wax like suggested in the forum.

Findings:
    - The bike came out pretty shiny, but i think if i had used Gold Class I think it'd still be just as shiny.
    - The color did not come out darker like claimed on the bottle, but it came out just shinier and more liquid than before.
    - I did not test these products back to back, but Gold Class on my car felt more slippery when i ran my fingers through the paint, with NXT tech it did not feel as slippery on the fuel tank (metal) but felt quite slippery on the fairings (plastic).
    - I could not tell much difference between the first and second layer.
    - Nxt tech wax didn't blow my mind, I was just as satisfied with it as i was with Gold Class wax.
    - I will go over it with quick detailer this week to see if that'll make any difference.

Overall I'm happy with this product as I am with most Meguiars products and I would recommend it to anyone, however I really can't tell much difference between Gold Class wax and Nxt tech wax.

If anyone thinks i've done something wrong during the process please let me know, i'm willing to try new methods. My bike is that special kawasaki green and i would really like it to look LIQUID, almost like you can dip your fingers into it.

Also is there any harm overusing NXT tech wax? I would like to apply a few more coats this weekend but don't know if it'll be just a waste of product, or damage to the actual paint.
    Last edited by Green Ninja; Jul 5, 2006, 02:10 AM.

I agree, the waxes seem to keep getting closer and closer to each other.

The only thing I would mention for the Gold Class and Nxt is that they are pure waxes, so doing some sort of cleaning/polishing steps before waxing would be beneficial.

Even just a layer of Cleaner/Wax or Color Boost would be fine.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

I put a third coat of wax on my three week old (black) Corvette friday. It had two coarts of Nxt Gen on it, plus whatever (good) wax the dealer had applied. I used Gold Class this time, which I had used since it came out--until I tried Nxt Gen. The GC was every bit as good as the shine I had from the 2 x Nxt Gen coats. I have never used a better wax than GC, and still haven't. This is not a knock on Nxt Gen; I just don't see the improvement--at $6 more a bottle. I'll use the remainder of the Nxt Gen on my '03 Grand Cherokee or my wife's cars, but the Gold Class will be the Vette's wax of choice. I will use the Nxt Gen spray wax as an enhancer; but I'll stick with GC in the future on my baby.

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');