• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What to expect From M66?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What to expect From M66?

Hi everyone.

I'm getting M66 very soon and have read a lot about it in other topics in this forum, but there's a thing I still haven't seen answered clearly

M66 has the same cutting power that M80, but what can I expect to remove with M66? can it deal with moderate swirls using a foam polishing pad and a rotary? and how much do you recommend me to use this product with a rotary? I've heard some people say it works great, and some say that it leaves some swirls.

how aggressive is this product with light to moderate scratches?

I'm getting it mostly because people in my town rarely pay for a stepped process, so I have to change my strategy to production detailing or else I'll be accumulating more compound, polish and wax

hope you can answer my question
    " Sometimes logic is your friend (Mike-In-Orange)"

M66 and M80 are very different products and are similar in their ability to clean paint, (When Meguiar's uses the term clean it usually means to remove defects, not wash a car), but because they are very different products you shouldn't expect to get the same results with one product as you will the other product.

I would give the edge to M80 for removing defects as that is the purpose of the product, while the purpose of a cleaner/wax is to clean, polish and protect. That's three things it's expected to do.

Using M66 with a dual action polisher will remove the the lightest of swirls and scratches out of most paints. It will do more cleaning on softer paints and less defect removal on harder paints.

If you're doing one-step details, the most important thing you can do is not over promise on the defect removing aspect of your work, instead focus on telling your customers you're going to make the paint on their car clear, glossy and shine.

Serious defect removal requires a dedicated step with a dedicated product, and for this your customer needs to pay for it and you need to educated them to charge them for it.

It's faster and usually more profitable to just do the one-step and move on like you're talking about however.

Hope this helps...

I'm out of here....

Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Working...
    X
    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');