• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wax or Polish better for light colors?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wax or Polish better for light colors?

OK, I read the ads, and I see this or that wax gives that "deep, dark shine". I realize that the wax or polish doesn't really darken the car, it just brings out the color of the paint. But it does bring to mind a question...is there a wax and/or polish that is better for light colors? I have a new PT Cruiser in a bright solar yellow, and want the best for that color.

Thanks in advance!!
    ~~Billy 'Enigmar'~~

I have a silver car and use NXT and love it. I also hear NXT is one the the best for light colors.

Some correct me if i am wrong.
    2003 Toyota Celica GT- Silver Streak Mica

Comment

Darker Colors tend to give a deep reflection, while lighter colors dont tend to give that deep reflection.

There is nothing that a wax or polish can really do to change that. Just prep the surface as best as possible, and you will get the best gloss / reflection possible with a good wax.

If you like syntheic waxes, Nxt or #21 are good, while Gold Class and #26 are good carnuba blends.

Give this a read as well...

Which LSP is Best for Light Colors

There is also an interesting article on bettercarcare.com called " A Lesson from White Paint."
      2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Thanks for the quick replies. I'd already heard a lot of great things about NXT, and have already bought it, so that's the way I'll go.

Again, thanks!

Billy
        ~~Billy 'Enigmar'~~

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');