• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gold Class Paste Wax

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gold Class Paste Wax

Sometimes people ask, "Why? With choices like NXT, or Cleaner Wax at half the price, why would I choose Gold Class?"

Here's why. For dark colored cars, Gold Class looks better.

NXT has a very alluring glossy wetness. But Gold Class is still the king at bringing out the richness of color, along with that Meguiar's balance of characteristics (reflection, depth, jetting, etc) that I call "handsomeness". It has a very natural look to it; not unwaxed, but natural, neutral. Not "pop", but, more "Yeah, that's the way it's supposed to look."

Those who remember the old Gold Class but who have not tried the new, the biggest different I noticed is ease of application. It doesn't cake like old Gold Class would, it wipes cleaner and more completely. I can't comment on durability (reputedly a weak point of the prior formula) or sheeting vs beading (the old formula sheeted water rather than beaded), it's only been on the car a couple days. I'll report back in a month.

Tom
    As the light changed from red to green to yellow and back to red again, I sat there thinking about life. Was it nothing more than a bunch of honking and yelling? Sometimes it seemed that way.

I switch back and forth between Gold Class and NXT, and I agree, the Gold Class brings the color out better. The NXT seems to make the metal flake pop a little more.
    2005 GMC Sierra-Black(Oh Yeah it's Black )

Comment

I also use both of these waxes. I'll use #80 and Nxt one week and #7 and GC the next.
      Watch your pennies and your dollars will take care of themself.

Comment

Describes it perfectly for me. I was trying to compare the difference between Cleaner Wax and Gold Class, and just couldn't find the words. GC definitely makes my red, well, red. Its incredibly subtle but I can see the difference between the two panels up close out in the sunlight.

Oh and down here, NXT costs as much as Gold Class, so picking one is really a matter of preference.
        Gil A. Castillo

Comment

My car is going to get #80(lent the car to my sister), #21 then GC (just for slickness)
          Patrick Yu
          2003 Honda Accord
          2008 Honda Accord EX-L V6

Comment

Mosca - I haven't used GC for a long time but its the wax that got me started with Megs MANY years ago. How would you compare it with #26, which is my favorite Megs wax? Good write up, btw.

Comment

First, Gold Class has a little bit of cleaner in it; not as much as it used to, now it's more like NXT or #21. Of course #26 paste has no cleaners at all.

It's easier to work than #26, it doesn't cake as much, it's easier to remove, it's easier to get thin.

I haven't used #26 in a while, but as best I can remember the look is very similar. If you already have #26 and dont need a wax with that little bit of cleaning ability, then stick with what you have. On the other hand, if you have an occasional need for a little bit of cleaning, this is a good choice.

Tom
              As the light changed from red to green to yellow and back to red again, I sat there thinking about life. Was it nothing more than a bunch of honking and yelling? Sometimes it seemed that way.

Comment

Originally posted by E-Jag
                Mosca - I haven't used GC for a long time but its the wax that got me started with Megs MANY years ago. How would you compare it with #26, which is my favorite Megs wax? Good write up, btw.

Thats exactly the Q I had. I have a brand new tin of #26 and wondered if I should add a tin or bottle of GC to my collection. Guess Ill hold off unless I can be persuaded.
                ----------02' 35th Anv. Limited Edition SS----------
                561rwhp/541rwtq, M6, T-Tops, SLP option car, 1 of 1,037.
                --| TUNED BY FORCEFED PERFORMANCE | Mods: Boost.
                --

Comment

GC is all I use on my Trans Am. Being a slick black(after lots of sanding and buffing) nothing else can make it shine the way that GC does. My other cars enjoy a coat or 2 of #21, as they are both daily drivers and sit outside during the day.
                  04 Z71 Burb= daily driver(SOLD)
                  79 Trans Am=restored toy
                  03 Sunfire= lowered, daily driver
                  06 Saturn Vue= daily driver

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');