• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cloudy / Hazy spot on my new truck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cloudy / Hazy spot on my new truck

I noticed it after I applied NXT. But I'm not sure if it came like that from the dealer or NXT caused it. I already tried buffing it with rubbing compound and the cloudy spot is still there. Is there anything I can do to remove the cloudy spot? I would hate to have my new truck repainted. I have a PC 7424 if it helps, however I did not use it to apply the NXT.

the spot doesnt really notice on that pic

i very much doubt nxt would cause any issues

what rubbing compound did you try? it may be worth trying a gentle one like scratch x

Comment

Originally posted by steveo3002
      the spot doesnt really notice on that pic

i very much doubt nxt would cause any issues

what rubbing compound did you try? it may be worth trying a gentle one like scratch x
      I used the turtle wax rubbing compound. That was all I had in my garage. I hope I didn't cause more harm.

Comment

Re: Cloudy / Hazy spot on my new truck

Originally posted by Hans Moleman
        I noticed it after I applied NXT.
        Hi Hans,

Welcome to Meguiar's Online!

A more likely reason you discovered the cloudy spot after applying the NXT Tech Wax would be because the NXT Tech wax produced a clear surface to the entire area and revealed the defect already in the paint to your eyes.

If you have a cloudy patch in your car's paint, or a discoloration in the blue then it could be this is under the clear and if that's the case then no amount of polishing on the surface of the clear coat is going to affect or fix the paint under it.

If the defect is on the surface of the clear coat then a machine applied cleaner/polish should fix the problem by removing a little bit of paint and in so doing removing the defect.

Be careful when using rubbing or polishing compounds, if the abrasives don't break down they will instill swirls and scratches into the paint.
        Mike Phillips
        760-515-0444
        showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Thanks Mike

I was afraid of it being under the clear coat. Would it hurt to try some #80 with a PC first? If that doesn't work I guess I have no choice but to bring it to the dealer.

Comment

Originally posted by Hans Moleman
            Thanks Mike

Would it hurt to try some #80 with a PC first? If that doesn't work I guess I have no choice but to bring it to the dealer.

I would definitely try working the area with some M80 using the PC, if that doesn't fix the problem then it's either one of two things, the defect is under the clear, or theirs a sleight chance the defect could be a stain that is throughout the clear, in the matrix so to speak, but this is pretty unlikely as it would pretty hard to cause a problem like this.
            Mike Phillips
            760-515-0444
            showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');