• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Protectant with low sheen/minimal scent?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Protectant with low sheen/minimal scent?

I'm looking for an interior protectant that, as the title states, has a low sheen (I hate shiny dashes) and low odor. I don't mind a nice, clean scent, but my car still has the new car smell and I don't want to mask that. Thanks.

Well, my car has a fairly textured, dark gray dash.

I like to use the Nxt Tech Protectant. I spray on a cloth and apply. Let it sit for a few minutes, then buff off. It gives me a nice look, and everyone seems to love the scent that rides along afterwards.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Originally posted by Murr1525
      Well, my car has a fairly textured, dark gray dash.

I like to use the Nxt Tech Protectant. I spray on a cloth and apply. Let it sit for a few minutes, then buff off. It gives me a nice look, and everyone seems to love the scent that rides along afterwards.
      My GTO has a textured dash, whereas my Z06 has a very smooth dash. Does the NXT Tech Protectant smell like the NXT wax/car wash/speed detailer?

Comment

I use meguiars #40 on my vette. It's almost 5 years old and still smells like new and leave a natural sheen.
        -Bob
        NXTti graduate, Meguiars Ford/SEMA Team

"All Corvette's are red, the rest are mistakes" - John Heinricy (Corvette Engineer)

Comment

Originally posted by RDVT4ME
          I use Meguiar's #40 on my Vette. It's almost 5 years old and still smells like new and leave a natural sheen.
          I'd second Bob's recommendation and add that after apply this product and allowing it to penetrate and soak in, come back and wipe the surface down with a clean, soft microfiber polishing cloth.
          Mike Phillips
          760-515-0444
          showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Originally posted by BlackSunshine
            My GTO has a textured dash, whereas my Z06 has a very smooth dash. Does the NXT Tech Protectant smell like the NXT wax/car wash/speed detailer?
            The Nxt will probbaly be glossier on the smooth dash. Hard to say if it would be too much for you.

I wouldnt call it the same... but same family of scents. You could certainly unscrew the cap in a store and give it a wiff.
            Last edited by Murr1525; Jul 10, 2006, 05:08 AM.
            2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

M40 was on the top of my list to try, but I've heard some people mention it has a strong chemical smell.

Comment

M40 was on the top of my list to try, but I've heard some people mention it has a strong chemical smell.
                yes, it has kind of a fake new car smell, i don't know how else to explain it. The only other low gloss protectant i can think of is natural shine and it smells amazing
                Patrick Yu
                2003 Honda Accord
                2008 Honda Accord EX-L V6

Comment

I'm a big fan of #40. It has a distinctive smell but I don't think it's particularly strong. It's a water based product. The smell doesn't linger too long either. Put it on thin but even and wipe off any excess.

Like sneek said, Natural Shine Vinyl & Rubber Protectant also works great, it's very similar to #40.

PC.

Comment

Originally posted by the other pc
                    I'm a big fan of #40. It has a distinctive smell but I don't think it's particularly strong. It's a water based product. The smell doesn't linger too long either. Put it on thin but even and wipe off any excess.

Like sneek said, Natural Shine Vinyl & Rubber Protectant also works great, it's very similar to #40.

PC.
                    Thanks, PC... I'll try to decide between the #40 and NS. Both sound very nice. BTW, I'm still enjoying those Monitor Audios

Comment

...BTW, I'm still enjoying those Monitor Audios

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');