• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best advice for bringing black paint back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best advice for bringing black paint back

Hello all-

I recently bought a black F250 truck which needs some attention to bring the paint back to life and really make it shine. I'm trying to figure out the best way / best steps to take to make this happen- from what I've been able to read, it seems like the first step is to use a clay bar all over the entire vehicle. After that, should I use a polish, and then wax? Or is one of these steps not necessary?

Thanks in advance......

Re: Best advice for bringing black paint back

Originally posted by MikeSD
    Hello all-

I recently bought a black F250 truck which needs some attention to bring the paint back to life and really make it shine. I'm trying to figure out the best way / best steps to take to make this happen- from what I've been able to read, it seems like the first step is to use a clay bar all over the entire vehicle. After that, should I use a polish, and then wax? Or is one of these steps not necessary?

Thanks in advance......
    to the coolest board on the net !!....great people, great products, great results !!

Here's a thread I posted about my detail job on a 1997 black buick...the process I used is listed on this post
    !!
    Black Buick
    Last edited by TKDDAD; Jul 11, 2006, 11:11 AM.
    Bill Poirier
    West Seneca, NY 14224

"until you can afford a great car, always strive for a great looking car"

Comment

to MOL

Here is a thread that has a list of links that will be very useful to you.

It's in the 3rd post down.

List 'O Links

Comment

You will definately want to add a cleaner of some sort into your process.
        2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

this is a thread on black paint with all the steps hope it helps

black malibu extreme makeover
          ayudando a los regiomontanos a que sus autos brillen waldo_gomez@hotmail.com

Comment

Here is a black F-150 that I brought back

Let's make all of the cars shiny!

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');